Economical ticket for day travel in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2018 at 19:09:51 #815684

As thread http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/stp-vs-saver-day-pass is closed, I wanted to share info from my side as below

1. sbb officers may not have current info which is available in their website

2. Most of the tickets are ONLY available online and not in sbb office

3. Install sbb app on your mobile to get some of the special discount tickets

4. Saver Day Pass works cheaper if you know travel date in advance ( available only online )

5. 1 day travel pass ( costly option ) not sure why this ticket type is present if you compare against Saver Day Pass

6. As per sbb website “City Ticket” ( sbb site > Individual Tickets > City – Tickets ) covers Zurich airport -> Zurich City ( including day travel in city ) – > Rohrbach. But sbb officer said it’s not like this. Her info was not matching with that of sbb website

Always check latest info on sbb website or their app and try to book through online platform itself.

Regards,

Vikram, Anna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 6:21:36 #883957

Hi Vikram and Anna,

Thanks for the post!

I’m not sure about point #2 but some passes like the SuperSavers and Saver Day Passes are indeed only online.

Point #6 is interesting as well. Where were you traveling? Zurich airport to Rohrbach? The city tickets (to my knowledge) are just from one city to another city (but including public transit in each city).

So a bus to and from the city train stations would then be included for example.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2018 at 10:42:18 #883958

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for post review, please find below info

>> Point #6 is interesting as well. Where were you traveling? Zurich airport to Rohrbach? The city tickets (to my knowledge) are just from one city to another city (but including public transit in each city).

So a bus to and from the city train stations would then be included for example.

[Vikram] Our plan was Zurich airport -> Zurich City -> spend few hours there -> travel to Rohrbach.

sbb website was not clear about this and also officer didn’t have clear answer to this.

IMHO sbb website can give info in more detail or simpler words with examples for tourists.

Regards,

Vikram, Anna

• The thread ‘Economical ticket for day travel in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.