Info needed for mount titlis cable car and rotair

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2011 at 1:05:08 #804336

Hi All,
    Canays anyone provide urgent advice on buying tickets for cable car and ROTAIR to Mount titlis. I have got Swiss flexi pass for 3 days and will be travelling to Engelberg with that. My questions are
    1) Will we be able to buy Cable car and ROTAIR tickets in Engel berg station itself.
    2) I will be reaching Engelberg around 3PM tomorrow. Will we be allowed to go to Mt.Titlis and come back to Engelberg after 3 PM. IS there any timelimit on a day for visiting Mt. Titlis?
    3) lastly, is there any short cut route to engelberg from Zurich? when i checked in SBB website, it says around 2 hours to reah engelberg via Lucerne.

Thanks
    Satheesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 May 2011 at 3:17:42 #832962

Hello Satheesh,

1) Yes, you can buy your tickets there and get a discount because you have a Swiss Flexi Pass.
    2) 3PM is too late to get up there. The last ride down is before 5PM. So theoretically you can go up and down, but you won’t have much time on the summit. The timetable is at the Titlis website.
    3) It indeed takes almost 2 hours to get there. There’s no other way.

• The thread ‘Info needed for mount titlis cable car and rotair’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.