Info on Swiss Flexi Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2012 at 23:39:58 #805143

Hello myswissalps,

I’m travelling from Basel to Milan by the EuroCity on the 30th April 2012. I’ve a Swiss Flexi pass (4day) and a 6 day Eurail Italy pass. So for this journey from Basel to Milan, only the Swiss Flexi pass will do or will the Eurail Pass also be used????

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    22 April 2012 at 3:39:08 #835688

Hello aneel,
    If you use a free day of your Swiss Flexi Pass (probably the last one?) the Swiss leg of your journey (up to Domodossola) will be for free. From there on your Italy Eurail Pass takes over.
    Have a nice stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2012 at 6:29:30 #835689

Hello Wandermann,

Thanks for the reply. And my journey is a direct train from Basel to Milan. so it’s fine right?? Or should I get down at Domodossola and take another train??

Thanks.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    22 April 2012 at 7:24:38 #835690

Hello aneel,

The Swiss Timetable will show you all connections between Basel and Milan on April 30. You can find there which connection will be a EuroCity train (look for EC in the 5th column of the overview of the connections). Click on the “plus” right under the number of the connection of your choice and you’ll see further details.
    If you travel by EuroCity train you will have to change trains in Zürich, not in Domodossola.

• The thread ‘Info on Swiss Flexi Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.