Mar 18, 2014 - 3:37 PM
I am planning to Switzerland trip for 4 days/3 nights. Mainly I am planning to explore Switzerland by train.
Day 1: will be reaching Geneva on day-1 before 11 AM (by train from France). Explore the Geneva city.
Day 2: Travel to Interlaken to Jungfraujoch(Top of the Europe) and come back to Interlaken.
Day 3: Interlaken to Visp. From Visp to Chur by Glacier Express. From Chur to Zurich.
Day 4: Zurich to France by train.
However, I am confused about the Swiss rail pass validity. If I buy Swiss Pass for 4 days (2nd class), which are the train journeys will free(come under) this pass?
1. City transportation in Geneva?
2. Geneva to Interlaken by train?
3. Interlaken to Jungfraujoch (I think, Swiss pass holders are eligible for 25% discount)?
4. Interlaken to Visp?
5. Visp to Chur (by Glacier Express)?
6. Chur to Zurich?
7. Transportation in Zurich?
8. For all the train journeys mentioned above, do I need to require a seat reservation(for 2nd class) in advance or just board the train with Swiss rail pass (except Glacier Express)?
Thank you in advance for your valuable comments/feedback.