My hotels for Interlaken, Wengen, Lucerne -opinion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 6:56:41 #816794

Hello

I am travelling to Switzerland from 10-18th August from India

Im planning to stay below –

1) 10th – 12th Aug (2 days) in Interlaken – Rössli Hotel Interlaken (Double Room with Balcony)

– This hotel has decent connectivity and relatively cheap + good tripadvisor/booking reviews.

– I will be doing local Interlaken sightseeing on Day 1

– I will be going to Montreaux sightseeing on Day 2 (Golden Express) OR Zermatt (for Gornergrat)

—————————————-

2) 12th – 15th Aug (3 days) in Wengen – Sunstar Hotel Wengen (Double Room with Balcony/Mountain View)

– This hotel has a great location, pool and spa, and great ratings , hence the selection

– Day 3, I will be going for local sightseeing (need inputs on this, what I can do)

– Day 4, I will be going to Lauterbrunnen, Trummelbach falls hike

– Day 5, I will be going to Jungfrau

—————————————-

3) 15th – 18th Aug (3 days) in Lucerne – Tourist Hotel (Double Room with Balcony/River View)

– This hotel is where my parents stayed in May 18 and had great reviews , so I chose it

– Day 6, I’ll do Pilatus visit

– Day 7, local town visit + Titlis visit

– Day 8, Long boat ride to Flulen + local shopping

—————————————-

What are your opinions about these hotels?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 15:54:25 #888968

Hi dhruvwali and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Rössli Hotel in Interlaken, and the Sunstar hotel in Wengen are both on our list of recommended hotels in those towns, So I think you’ll be happy with both of them.

I don’t know about the Luzern Tourist hotel, but other members have stayed there and I’ve heard no complaints.

For day 3 in Wengen, look to our activity suggestions here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/wengen/activitie s

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 5:36:35 #888969

Thank you for your input Lucas, appreciate it 🙂

Any other comments on my itinerary or anything that I shift around?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 7:25:37 #888970

Everything looks nice except maybe your day sightseeing in Interlaken. It isn’t the most exciting town.

Perhaps look at Thun or go up into a nearby mountain? Brienzer Rothorn or Schynige Platte perhaps?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 7:33:09 #888971

Thanks Lucas.

Will plan for Thun lake cruise.

Do people do lake paddle boating + swim in Lake Thun? Or is the water too cold?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 7:40:24 #888972

Yes, there are paddle boats. People swim there for sure. It isn’t probably as warm as you want but it isn’t too cold I recall – especially as it can get really hot there in the summer so cold is good!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 8:38:22 #888973

Great thank you!

• The thread ‘My hotels for Interlaken, Wengen, Lucerne -opinion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.