Insurance for a minivan in Switzerland

• Alxjul77
    Participant
    1 post
    16 June 2022 at 8:47:38 #827511

Hi Guys,

My name is Pierre, I come from Quebec, and I am planning a road trip in August in several countries of Europe, including Switzerland. Actually, I will travel with a sort of van (we call it roulotte in Québec, not sure about the proper translation in English…). And I am a bit preoccupied by the insurance topic, which seems specific in Switzerland.

In Québec for example, we have a dedicated insurance product called “assurance roulotte”, which includes specific guarantees that protect your responsibility in case the vehicles happens to damage somebody or someone.

I thefere wanted to ask if the same stuff occurs in Switzerland, and if not, what kind of insurance coverage I should purchase.

Thanks in advance guys!

Pierre

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2022 at 12:52:26 #943274

Hi Pierre and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

Are you going to rent the minivan (camper car) here, in Switzerland? I recommend asking the rental company what kind of insurance policy they have. Usually, they have different options you can choose from.

At http://www.myswissalps.com/car/carrental you can read about the insurance and cancellation policies.

Ildiko

Learn more – Campsites in the Swiss Alps: http://www.myswissalps.com/campsites

• The thread ‘Insurance for a minivan in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.