Interlaken 2 Nights Plan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2011 at 21:08:13 #804535

Hi,

This is my first visit to Switzerland. I had planned my Switzerland stay and would like to get some advise on my planning. =)

In total, I will stay in Switzerland for 5 nights. My plan is to get a Swiss Card.

My first stay is in Interlaken. Is this a peak period for Interlaken?

I will have 2 nights stay in a hotel near Interlaken West station.
    On day 1, I will reach Interlaken around 5pm.
    After check in, I would like to walk along Hoheweg street to Interlaken Ost station.
    Is there any food or attraction I should not miss here? I planned to buy a Swiss Army Knife =)

From Interlaken Ost, initially I plan to go Harder Kulm for dinner and view before sunset but there is no service after 7pm.
    I would like to have some idea how to fill up my time, e.g. where to dinner, anytime night attraction? place to chill, etc.

On day 2, I would probably take the early train to Jungfraujoch. My initial plan is to trip around the mountain region full day including visit to Jungfraujoch but i dropped this idea on second thought — The journey is too long. I wonder how should i plan my trip to visit these beautiful mountains of Switzerland. Is Schynige Platte‎ or Harder Kulm worth a visit? How should I fill my full day in these mountain area?

On day 3, I will take Golden Pass Panoramic train to Lucern which is my 2nd base in Switzerland =)

PS: I love photography. I would love to capture my switzerland memory like what poster card did (especially sun set and mountain scenary).
    Any great photography location you can share? ^^

Thanks in advance for all the helps.

Best Regards,
    Steven

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    31 July 2011 at 7:11:19 #833639

Hello Steven,

To anwer your question about the peak periode in Interlaken: can you be more specific about when you are planning to go?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2011 at 17:51:34 #833640

Ops – I miss out this info. I will be going Switzerland on this August 10th-16th

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2011 at 18:28:40 #833641

Why don’t you go to Lauterbrunnen, then up to the Schilthorn if the weather is good. A ride to Murren, or Gimmewald is an alternate plan. You can visit the waterfalls at Lauterbrunnen as well.

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 August 2011 at 3:13:58 #833642

Hi legend, and welcome! August is still high season for tourists in Interlaken, although the first weeks of August will be more crowded than the second half. If you’re looking for a nice dinner spot in Interlaken, check the terrace high up at hotel Top o’Met. You’ll get to have dinner with great views of the Jungfrau and Niesen.

Alternatives to the Jungfraujoch indeed are the Schilthorn or the cog railway from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte. Views from both places are great. You’ll find lots of photography opportunities with each trip: during train or cable car rides, up at viewing points, during a short hike, and so on. If you want to get as close to the mountains as without visiting the Jungfraujoch, taking pictures at Kleine Scheidegg or the surroundings of railway station Wengernalp can be recommended.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2011 at 8:09:02 #833643

[quote]legend said: Hi,

This is my first visit to Switzerland. I had planned my Switzerland stay and would like to get some advise on my planning. =)

In total, I will stay in Switzerland for 5 nights. My plan is to get a Swiss Card.

My first stay is in Interlaken. Is this a peak period for Interlaken?

I will have 2 nights stay in a hotel near Interlaken West station.
    On day 1, I will reach Interlaken around 5pm.
    After check in, I would like to walk along Hoheweg street to Interlaken Ost station.
    Is there any food or attraction I should not miss here? I planned to buy a Swiss Army Knife =)

From Interlaken Ost, initially I plan to go Harder Kulm for dinner and view before sunset but there is no service after 7pm.
    I would like to have some idea how to fill up my time, e.g. where to dinner, anytime night attraction? place to chill, etc.

On day 2, I would probably take the early train to Jungfraujoch. My initial plan is to trip around the mountain region full day including visit to Jungfraujoch but i dropped this idea on second thought — The journey is too long. I wonder how should i plan my trip to visit these beautiful mountains of Switzerland. Is Schynige Platte‎ or Harder Kulm worth a visit? How should I fill my full day in these mountain area?

On day 3, I will take Golden Pass Panoramic train to Lucern which is my 2nd base in Switzerland =)

PS: I love photography. I would love to capture my switzerland memory like what poster card did (especially sun set and mountain scenary).
    Any great photography location you can share? ^^

Thanks in advance for all the helps.

Best Regards,
    Steven[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2011 at 8:15:07 #833644

Hello Steven

I have been to these places recently.My suggestion is, If you could visit my trip review in this forum,will be helpful to you in planning out your trip.

Regds
    Ashok

• The thread ‘Interlaken 2 Nights Plan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.