Interlaken and Lucerne itinerary – Sept trip

• JD65535
    Participant
    6 posts
    8 August 2022 at 21:01:51 #828008

Hi All,

Would love some feedback on our itinerary in Switzerland from Sep 6 to Sep 10th morning. We have Saver Day Passes on Sep 7 and Sep 8. (Posted about this

Sep 6 – Arrive at Interlaken OST around 1pm. Head to Airbnb and pick up Interlaken card.

Sep 6 – Do Harder Klum, and one or both of Lake Thun + checking out Spiez. Any other recos for this day ? We can do Lake Thun the next day because we have saver pass that day.

Sep 7 (Saver Pass Day) – Lauterbrunnen, Waterfall and Grindelwald first

Sep 8 (Saver Pass Day) – Bern town + chocolate factory, and need recos for other things around the area ?

Or

Sep 8 – Go to Zermatt and do some cheap excursion / hike there.

Or

Sep 8 – Splurge for Jungfrau and go to Bern later.

Sep 9 – Head to Lucerne, do the lake tour and check out the town.

Sep 10 – Head to Milan in the morning.

I think we messed up getting the Saver Day Passes, I’m trying to see if I can get a refund and get the Bernese Oberland or Jungfrau travel pass instead.

The Jungfrau travel pass doesn’t cover Bern. If I buy a ticket from Interlaken to Bern is it also valid for the round trip ? Or do I buy a separate Round Trip ticket ?

Does the Interlaken Guest Card cover the buses or trains to Lauturbrunnen, Wengen, Grindelwald ? (Asking for Sep 6th). If not, how much are trains or buses to these places from Interlaken OST ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2022 at 0:11:20 #945347

For public transport, the Interlaken guest card is not much more than a very local bus pass. It is not valid on the Herder railway by the way.

JD65535
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 August 2022 at 1:34:40 #945348

Thoughts on the itinerary ?

Anna
    6382 posts
    9 August 2022 at 18:58:37 #945349

Hi JD65535,

You can find more information about where the Interlaken Guest Card is valid and what discounts are available through the link under “Information on other websites” at http://www.myswissalps.com/interlaken/travel.

The Saver Day Pass is valid on public transport but not on mountain transport. So for the mountain excursion to Grindelwald First on Sept 7, you might have to pay a full-fare ticket to ride the gondola. Similarly if you decide to go to Zermatt, the Saver Day Pass provides free travelling on the train but not on the cogwheel train to Gornergrat or the cable car and gondola to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. For the day trip to Bern on Sept 8, you can check out things to do here: http://www.myswissalps.com/bern/activities

Getting the Jungfrau Travel Pass might be sensible if you plan to do a lot of mountain excursions in the Jungfrau region. But it won’t cover your day trip to Bern and without the Saver Day Pass, you would need to get a return at the standard price. You can find view the Jungfrau Travel Pass validity map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity

I hope this addresses all your concerns and helps in some ways to plan your trip.

Let us know if you have further questions.

regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Interlaken and Lucerne itinerary – Sept trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.