Interlaken, Bern, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2019 at 7:40:00 #824284

HI Good Morning

I just need help i am so confused all are good.

But i need your opinion on which place is best to base after luzerne for 3 nights? Interlaken, Bern, Grindelwald of lauterbrunnen?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2019 at 7:40:34 #924124

this will be on end of November this year. Thanks.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    23 October 2019 at 13:29:23 #924125

Hello Shiela 4lyf,

Lauterbrunnen is at the bottom of a deep valley. I would find it depressing at the end of November.

Apart from that, not knowing what you like (I checked your two theads and saw that “About me” in your profile is empty) I can’t give you any advice. Why don’t you go back to your other thread, where Ildiko and Anna volunteered good advice?

Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2019 at 13:50:15 #924126

I think Murren, Wengen or Lauterbrunnen would be fantastic! I was there this summer and wish I would have stayed in each of these places!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2019 at 13:58:45 #924127

Thank you Mr. Snowman, well, apparently i am kore on nature, alps but since it is low season i understand it might be so quite on that date. Maybe Murren or grindelwald might will be better on end of Nov

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2019 at 13:59:57 #924128

Hi jstall 1106, yes, truly those places are awesome on summer but not on very low season like end of nov. lot of hotels are closed. 🙁

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 6:20:03 #924129

Hello Shiela 4lyf,

Thanks for your question! It is understandable to be confused with so many beautiful places to see and experience in Switzerland.

I would suggest Interlaken as a base after Lucerne because it has great rail travel connections and it’s considered the transportation hub of the Jungfrau region. The month of November is low season but in Interlaken everything remains open. From there you can easily go to Bern, Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. You shouldn’t have any difficulties booking a hotel there. I will attach some links about Interlaken for you.

Interlaken:

I hope that helps you in the right direction. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 7:13:15 #924130

Hi Suzanne, Thank you for your reply. But i read a lot of reviews about interlaken. Yes it good as base home but it is more on crowded place. Apart from Interlaken, on this season which one you prefer from Lauterbrunnen, Bern, Grindelwald and Wengen? I want something peaceful with nature and less people but accessible. Thank youuuuuuuu. Sorry for keep on asking.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 8:47:35 #924131

Hello Shiela 4lyf,

Thanks for your question. No worries about asking…..

Lauterbrunnen, Bern, and Grindelwald each have their own charms. If you want to be surrounded by nature, less people, please do not look at Bern because that is a city, and it devoids your preferences. That leaves Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen, both alpine towns. I would choose Grindelwald over Lauterbrunnen. The reason being is that you are visiting the end of November and it gets dark around 16:30 already. Grindelwald gets more sun than Lauterbrunnen and it has stunning views of the Eiger. Grindelwald is easy to get around and you will have plenty of time to explore, and walk around. It is also a good base for travel after your stay in Lucerne.

I will attach some links of Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen so it may help you make your final decision easier:

Grindelwald:

Lauterbrunnen:

Feel free to ask more questions when you’re not sure!

Best regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 9:35:08 #924132

Thanks Ms. Suzanne,

It helps a lot. If you were to choose between Grindelwald and Murren to stay for 2 nights, which one will prefer on those dates? and does Schilthorn can be reach by cable only? There is no other way we can reach there on those dates? Thanks a lot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 12:05:03 #924133

Hello Shiela 4lyf,

Thank you for your question!

Grindelwald and Murren are both great places, and it depends on what you like. Murren is a car-free zone, so perhaps that would be interesting for you. Please take a look at the pictures from Grindelwald and Murren and make your decision based on how you feel.

Schilthorn can only be reached by cable car and there is no other way around that. The cable car is also not operating on November 11 to December 6, 2019.

Whichever place you decide, I think you won’t make a bad choice. Switzerland is a beautiful country!

Best regards,

Suzanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 13:40:54 #924134

Thanks a lot Ms. Suzanne, it helps a lot! Really appreciate it!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 17:43:43 #924135

Hello Shiela 4lyf,

You’re most welcome! I’m glad I can help. Don’t get too caught up in all the little details of the trip. Just enjoy your time in Switzerland and don’t forget to take lots of photos. I wish you safe travels.

Best regards,

Suzanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2019 at 20:04:54 #924136

Hello Ms. Suzanne! Thanks! Will do enjoy and explore Switzerland! I am sooo excited and can’t wait!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 October 2019 at 0:15:40 #924137

<<“I think Murren, Wengen or Lauterbrunnen would be fantastic! I was there

this summer and wish I would have stayed in each of these places!”>>

Summer and November are different…very different.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 October 2019 at 0:26:05 #924138

<<“Yes it good as base home but it is more on crowded place.”>>

Not in November.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Interlaken, Bern, Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.