Interlaken during Greenfield Festival

Interlaken during Greenfield Festival

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hsn09
hsn09
2 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 8:47 AM

Hello everyone,

I am planing to stay in Interlaken in June, but I have just noticed that there will be a festival called Greenfield Festival happening at the same time during my stay. I am very concerned now that it will be crowded everywhere; restaurants, trains, places to visit etc. I wanted to spend a quiet week in Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, but won't it be possible now? Could you please share your experiences about the festival week?

Thanks.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 30, 2018 - 9:56 AM in reply to hsn09

Hi hsno9, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Greenfield is a rock music festival held on the outskirts of the town of Interlaken. It takes place form 7 - 9 June. It's only 3 days.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Most people will stay at the festival ground or head back home at night. And I'm almost sure you won't find any of them in Lauterbrunnen.

hsn09
hsn09
2 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 10:21 AM

Chantal, thanks a lot for the reply. I will stay in Lauterbrunnen between 7-10 June, so the dates are unfortunately the same. I am also planning to visit Mürren, Wengen, Grindelwald, Brienz, Grütschalp, Schiltorn Mountain etc. Will it be more difficult to visit these places at these dates? Could you please give me more information? :)

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 30, 2018 - 4:04 PM in reply to hsn09

No, it won't be difficult. It's just a music festival. I think there only 30.000 visitors expected during those three days. And they are coming to see the bands playing and not to visit mountains or other little villages.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018