Interlaken during Greenfield Festival

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 8:47:53 #815626

Hello everyone,

I am planing to stay in Interlaken in June, but I have just noticed that there will be a festival called Greenfield Festival happening at the same time during my stay. I am very concerned now that it will be crowded everywhere; restaurants, trains, places to visit etc. I wanted to spend a quiet week in Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, but won’t it be possible now? Could you please share your experiences about the festival week?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 9:56:21 #883661

Hi hsno9, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Greenfield is a rock music festival held on the outskirts of the town of Interlaken. It takes place form 7 – 9 June. It’s only 3 days.

I wouldn’t be too concerned. Most people will stay at the festival ground or head back home at night. And I’m almost sure you won’t find any of them in Lauterbrunnen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 10:21:27 #883662

Chantal, thanks a lot for the reply. I will stay in Lauterbrunnen between 7-10 June, so the dates are unfortunately the same. I am also planning to visit Mürren, Wengen, Grindelwald, Brienz, Grütschalp, Schiltorn Mountain etc. Will it be more difficult to visit these places at these dates? Could you please give me more information? 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 16:04:58 #883663

No, it won’t be difficult. It’s just a music festival. I think there only 30.000 visitors expected during those three days. And they are coming to see the bands playing and not to visit mountains or other little villages.

• The thread ‘Interlaken during Greenfield Festival’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.