Interlaken Guest Card, Libero day pass

• Littlestar
    Participant
    2 posts
    12 May 2023 at 13:27:28 #829832

Hi, I am checking the train fares on the SBB website and have 2 questions about the Libero Day Pass.

I will be staying in Interlaken for a few day so I will get a Interlaken Guest Card.

I plan to to Panorama Bridge Sigriswil and the route will be: Bus no. 21 from Interlaken Ost to Gunten, Dorf and then change to bus no. 25 to Sigriswil, Dorf. When I check on the SBB web, I understand I need to buy Libero Day Pass 4 Zones ticket (Return). But with the Interlaken Guset Card, I can travel to Beatenbucht for free. So is that mean I can buy a ticket for 2 Zones instead of 4 Zones?

Another day I will go to Bern for a day trip and I will buy the Libero Day Pass 12 Zones ticket (Return). May I know if I can use this 12 Zones ticket to take the tram in Bern?

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    12 May 2023 at 17:05:41 #954371

Hi Littlestar,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

1. That’s right. With the Interlaken Guest Card, you can travel for free on the bus up to Beatenbucht. You just need a return ticket from Beatenbucht to Sigriswil. You can purchase this online (http://www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland/price) or directly from the train station.

2. Similarly for the trip from Interlaken to Bern, just get a Libero Day Pass. This ticket is valid all day on the train and trams within the validity area.

You can check bus and train schedules on the SBB timetable: http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

Let us know if you need more info.

Regards,

Anna

Littlestar
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 May 2023 at 4:27:02 #954372

Thank yoy Anna!

HeatherCDN
    Participant
    14 posts
    13 May 2023 at 14:37:44 #954373

I will also be traveling from Interlaken to Panorama Bridge Sigriswil in June. I have purchased the Swiss Travel Pass. From what I understand I don’t have to purchase any train or bus tickets because it would be included in the pass. Please confirm.

Yolanda
    2223 posts
    14 May 2023 at 5:46:50 #954374

Hello HeatherCDN,

That’s right with the Swiss Travel Pass, no tickets required for trains, buses and boats; you can simply board. If a ticket inspector asks, just present your pass and a form of identification.

You can read more here: https://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse

(For cable cars and most other mountain transport you would need to buy a discounted ticket though)

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Interlaken Guest Card, Libero day pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.