Sep 11, 2017 - 12:55 PM
Hi! We are planning to go to Switzerland this January for 5 days and my friend was thinking of having Interlaken as base as we do not want to move hotels.
1. Initial plan is to fly from London to Zurich,then take the train to Interlaken. Explore Interlaken town in the afternoon.
2. Go to Jungfraujoch top of Europe - Iv been reading about taking a train from Interlaken, but find it confusing as there are 2 options, thru Grindelwald and another one, w/c is preferred and How much will it cost return?
3. Visit surrounding small towns probably Gimmelwald and Lauterbrunnen, Lake Brienz, Bachalpsee Lake, Harder Kulm
4. Maybe continue visiting surrounding towns or visit Bern which is just 1h train ride
5. Just chill out nearby as this is the day we fly back to London
Your suggestions will be very much appreciated! I hope to hear if there are other recommended must see places. We prefer sightseeing than winter sports.