Interlaken-Lucerne-Rhine Falls

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2017 at 5:50:01 #811236

Hi,

We are a family of four, 2 Adults and two Kids aged 7 and 20 months traveling together at end of July.

I want to ask is it feasible for us to visit all these three places in 4 days ? I am planning to stay two days in interlaken, 1 day Lucerne and 1 Day Schaffhausen.

Thinking of purchasing Swiss Pass for four days and interested in following things

Interlaken

• Boat trip Lake Thun
    • Harder Kulm
    • Jungfrau
    • Lauterbrunnen
    • Grindelwald

Lucerne

• Boat trip Lake Lucerne
    • Mount Pilatus
    • Kriens

Schaffhausen

• Rhine Falls

If someone explains me how much time it will take to visit each place and return.

Thanks,

Syed

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2017 at 9:17:09 #860757

Hi Syed and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can search for train schedules for all your destinations here. If you have 2 full days in Interlaken then I think you can see all your interests (weather dependent of course).

You can find details, including suggestions on how long things take, on all our activity pages.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 6:00:58 #860758

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to ask few more things.

In Lucerne Area, I want to visit MT Pilatus first. If i am coming from Interlaken its best to hop off at Alpnachstad station and then follow these steps

Section 2: by cogwheel train to the peak of Mount Pilatus;

Section 3: by cable car down to Fräkmüntegg;

Section 4: by gondola down to Kriens;

Section 5: by bus back to the rail station of Lucerne.

Then from Lucerne i can easily go to MT Rigi via Vitznau or Weggis ?

Will i am able to cover this trip in a one day time and then back to Interlaken?

Also, swiss pass will cover most of sections expect cable car?

Regards,

Syed

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 7:47:19 #860759

Hi Syed,

Yes you have it all correct! It is a long day to do Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi from Interlaken, but with an early start it is doable.

Your Swiss Travel Pass covers all of the routes to both attractions including the cable cars.You might be thinking of the cable car to Mt. Titlis? That is only 50% covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

You can see everything that is covered on the Swiss Travel Pass here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2017 at 0:51:48 #860760

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply.

Now I have changed my mind; I am staying a night in Lucerne. So I will reach Lucerne by midday.

So what you recommend I do Mt Pilatus on the first day ( because of half day already spend) and next day does Mt Rigi and Boat trip on lake lucerne?

Also, last cogwheel train to the peak of Mount Pilatus leaves at 4:30 Pm?

Thanks,

Syed

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 April 2017 at 9:57:43 #860761

Hi Syed,

I’d recommend to keep an eye on the weather and make last minute decisions based on that. If Mount Pilatus is not covered in clouds, then go for it. If it is in the clouds, a trip to Rigi will be nicer with a boat trip and more options for a walk at lower altitudes.

The timetable can be found on the Pilatus page Lucas linked to. Click to the Route tab and see “More on other websites”.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2017 at 1:05:24 #860762

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your reply.

So what i understand Mt Rigi we can do any day regardless of weather condition?

I am planning to visit lucerne on 28th & 29th July, so it will be summer. still weather can be a problem in summers?

Thanks,

Syed

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 April 2017 at 7:05:35 #860763

Hy Syed,

Well, not regardless of any kind of weather, but you’ll have more options there if it’s cloudy, or with light rain. Yes, weather can certainly be a problem in summer too. Rain and (thunder) storms are common. It’s often better in the mornings, but that’s just an average. I hope you’ll be lucky and have sunny days only!

• The thread ‘Interlaken-Lucerne-Rhine Falls’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.