Interlaken & Luzern trip report October 10-18

Interlaken & Luzern trip report October 10-18

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Cricri1551
Cricri1551
1 post
Nov 10, 2017 - 11:25 AM in reply to Lucas

We plan to do something similar next summer but we will be driving from southern Alsace to Lucerne. Then we will make our way to the Jungfrau region for 3 days before returning to Alsace via Bern.

At what point should we park the car and take the train?

Thanks,

Christiane

Lucas
Lucas
7222 posts
expert &
Nov 10, 2017 - 4:08 PM in reply to Cricri1551

Hi Christiane,

You could leave it in Lucerne and go from there to the Jungfrau region without issue. It really depends on where you are staying as well. Some towns like Interlaken and Lauterbrunnen allow cars, others like Mürren and Wengen do not so in that case the farthest in you can drive is Lauterbrunnen.

For options on various Swiss rail passes you can buy for the trip click here. If you drive into the Jungfrau region you could then just buy the Jungfrau Travel Pass to use during your stay there (it won't cover travel from Lucerne to Interlaken).

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4738 posts
expert
Nov 10, 2017 - 4:21 PM in reply to mou10mn

<<"We stayed 4 nights. Not sure if there is a minimum. view was awesome of the church and Pilatus.

I think the rental company website is HITrental. ch">>

Thanks

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4738 posts
expert
Nov 10, 2017 - 4:25 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas -

The most readily available parking in Luzern is a lot more expensive than the garage at Lauterbrunnen. Don't remembr exactly, but maybe as much as 2 - 3 times as expensive.. I mentioned costs earlier in this thread.

If it is a rental car, you could park it for free at some country railroad stations......I'd not leave my own car that long, even though Switzerland is really low-crime.

Slowpoke.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018