Interlaken Montreux Golden Pass, Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 10:32:44 #811500

Hi !

Thanks to MySwissAlps curators and moderators for putting such exhaustive information out here!

We will be in Grindelwald for a week from May18th (arriving from Zurich) and will leave for Paris via Lusanne on May25th via 12:23 TGV. While we are still trying to work-up a plan for 7 days in Bernese Oberland – one day we want to set aside to experience the scenic train journey across. I liked the suggestion under the head “What’s the best leg of the route? on the webpage http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/gettingthere

So we would like to take the Golden Pass Line section 3 Zweisimmen to Montreux.

Question: Can Swiss Travel Pass be used on this route? As per the webpage http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity under title Golden Pass line” , it says “Train from Montreux to Lucerne: free”. But our route would be the reverse. Therefore, the question?

Best regards

Pranav

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 11:19:01 #861969

Hi!

Got the answer to my question here http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/swiss-travel-pass-29

Lucas wrote ” You are covered for the route – direction doesn’t matter 🙂 reservations are optional and extra”

Should have looked through the forum posts in greater detail before posting. Anyways, if moderators want, they can remove this post or simply let it hang around for the benefit of other!

Thanks

Pranav

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 April 2017 at 12:49:40 #861970

Hi Pranav,

Good you’ve found the answer! Indeed, the direction of traveling doesn’t matter. The downloadable validity map at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/validity also shows which routes are covered, regardless of their direction.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 13:16:32 #861971

Hi Annika,

Yes, I just took a little time to get that right! Thanks to you guys for all the help.

My daughters name is Annika too (although we spell it here as Anika)! She is 13 yrs and very excited on the upcoming Switzerland trip. I just told her about you – she is very very happy that there one Annika in Switzerland too! She too now wants to settle down there and become a travel expert on Switzerland!!

If moderators feel this post is personal in nature, please feel free to remove.

Thanks

Pranav

• The thread ‘Interlaken Montreux Golden Pass, Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.