Interlaken to Geneva-Vevey-Montreux-Gruyeres

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 4:38:53 #811004

Hi all, we are a family of 13 adult (6 in age group of 55-60 rest all young) and 2 children and planning to visit switzerland in june 2017. I m preparing a detailed itinery for the same. With stay at interlaken (it was a family decision to stay only at interlaken for 9 days). In this post i want your suggestions for planning my itinery for visiting geneva, vevey, montreux and gruyers. I have allotted two days to visit this places. Can u please help me in planning my days in such a way tat i cover the best of the places.

I am also visiting glacier 3000 on another day.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 8:42:58 #859765

Hi Dharmesh5,

Have you read through our information pages on Montreux, Lake Geneva and South-West Switzerland? I would recommend reading through those pages and seeing what activities and sights interest you the most.

Then, after reading them, if you need assistance in how to incorporate some in your itinerary let us know and we’ll be happy to help!

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 17:54:55 #859766

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the links. I think i want to cover the following places:

Chateau de chillon, boat trip in late geneva, gruyers (cheese and chocolate factory). If time permits then Rochers de naye. I also read tat there is a luge ride near gruyers. I want to do if its good.

Jet d’eau, flower clock, any one interesting museum, Charli chaplin statue.

We are not very interested in historic sights. We are more inclined towards seeing the natural beauty of switzerland (hiking is not on the list as the other family members may not do it). Plz suggest if i should see any other place and also guide me as to how should i plan my 2 days.

Dharmesh

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 March 2017 at 7:31:49 #859767

Hi Dharmesh,

You could allocate one day for the two factories and the town of Gruyères, and another day to Geneva and Montreux (via the Golden Pass line). It takes a lot of time to do this from Interlaken as day trips. The timetable shows train schedules. Personally I would skip Geneva as it’s too far away and you are more interested in nature anyway.

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Geneva-Vevey-Montreux-Gruyeres’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.