Wedding photoshoot in Jungfrau region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2018 at 18:19:37 #815116

Hello,

Coming to Switzerland for a wedding photo-shoot & needed some advise. Thank you in advance for the great help 🙂 We are flexible & might go with option 1 or 2 depending on what works the best.

Option 1 (land in Zurich Airport & photo-shoot near interlaken area + jungfrau)

Questions:

1. best way to travel from airport to destination? (drive/train)
    2. best place to stay ?
    3. best way to go to the top of the mount for amazing view & shoots ?
    4. prices for lifts/tramway?
    5. as the lifts goes up or down, possible to stop at different level to takes shoots? if yes, what are those area called?
    6. weather around mid april?
    7. if we drive from Zurich, where can I park my car to take a tram/lift?

Option 2 (land in Geneva Airport & photo-shoot near chamonix/mont blanc)

1. best way to travel from airport to destination? (drive/train)
    2. best place to stay ?
    3. best way to go to the top of the mount for amazing view & shoots ?
    4. prices for lifts/tramway?
    5. as the lifts goes up or down, possible to stop at different level to takes shoots? if yes, what are those area called?
    6. weather around mid april?
    7. if we drive from Geneva, where can I park my car to take a tram/lift?

thank you, Gurprit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2018 at 19:56:06 #880765

Hi Gurprit, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You couldn’t have picked a nicer place than Switzerland for a wedding photo shoot 🙂

Option 1:

1. I would recommend the train. Read about car travel vs. train travel here as well.
    2. Nice places in the Jungfrau region are Wengen, Grindelwald, Mürren and Lauterbrunnen.
    3. Mountain transport.
    4. You can find prices in the Swiss timetable. I would also recommend you buy a Swiss rail pass. You should read ‘How to choose a Swiss rail pass‘. Even if you decide to travel by car you may want to invest in a Swiss Half Fare Card so to get discount on mountain transport.
    5. Not always. You should have a clear idea on where you want to go, then use the timetable to plan your trip and the timetable will tell you if and where you can get off.
    6. Read here more about the best time to visit Switzerland. And here about the weather in Switzerland.
    7. Depends on where you are going. Some villages are care free (e.g. Mürren and Wengen) and other villages will have parking.

Option 2:

Chamonix is in France. If you would like to stay in Switzerland you could have a look at Montreux.

If you use the search box at the top of this page and search for ‘weddings’ or ‘photo shoots’ you might find some posts of your interest. There are quite a few couples that do their wedding photo shoots in Switzerland.

• The thread ‘Wedding photoshoot in Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.