Interlaken to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass

• yippy
    Participant
    2 posts
    14 August 2017 at 8:21:13 #812956

Hello hello

I’ve bought the Swiss Travel Pass. Traveling from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch. Understand there are 2 routes, (1) Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg via Grindelwald or (2) Interlaken to Kleine Scheidegg via Lauterbrunnen.

Q1: It is stated that train to Grindelwald is free. What about train to Lauterbrunnen?

Q2: I plan to train up to Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald and return via Lauterbrunnen. I’m confused with which are the routes that require separate purchases. Please advise.

Thanks alot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2017 at 11:57:38 #868316

Hi Yippy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass gives you free travel as far as Grindelwald or Wengen (Lauterbrunnen is before Wengen so it is free).

You can buy a round-trip ticket here that will work on either route.

Lucas

yippy
    Participant
    2 posts
    14 August 2017 at 14:08:04 #868317

Hi Lucas

Thanks for your advice! 🙂

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Jungfraujoch with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.