Interlaken to Jungfraujoch: which rail pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 10:35:45 #815649

We are a family of 4, 2 x adults with a 14 and 6 year old. We will be in Interlaken from the afternoon of the 28th May and leaving on the 30th May. We are hoping to travel to Jungfraujoch on the 29th May. I have looked at buying a half price card for the adults which I believe the children then travel free, or a 3 day travel pass for the adults and again the children then travel free. It works out to around £350 ish with either option! Can you let me know whether we can buy either the half price card or 3 day travel pass on the day of travel or whether they need to be bought in advance. Also, if we buy the 3 day travel pass do we need to reserve on the Interlaken to jungfraujoch or just turn up for the service we want? Finally are these the most cost effective options for us to visit the Jungfraujoch, given our timescales? Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 16:45:42 #883812

Hi AJR, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. With the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card your kids will travel for free provided that you have ordered the free Swiss Family Card for them.
    2. I would buy them in advance and choose for the print at home option. We have listed some retailers on our website: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.
    3. No need to make reservations for the trip to Jungfraujoch.
    4. From your message I understand you have done the calculation. Swiss Half Fare Card gives 50% discount and the Swiss Travel Pass 25%. I assume you’ve used these discounts in your calculations?
  • The thread ‘Interlaken to Jungfraujoch: which rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.