Interlaken to Jungfraujoch STP discount

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sanshetty123
Sanshetty123
22 posts
May 19, 2018 - 7:28 AM

Hi,

I am planning to travel to Jungfraujoch from Interlaken in August (any one of the tow routes) but can't find any discount on the Swiss travel Pass. I could find discount on the half travel card and eurail pass, however, no discount on the swiss pass. could you please help?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3971 posts
expert
May 19, 2018 - 7:32 AM in reply to Sanshetty123

With the Swiss Travel Pass you will need to buy a ticket from Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. You will get 25% discount on that ticket. Interlaken to either of those places is covered by the STP. Price list is here.

Are you familiar with the map you can download at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Last modified on May 19, 2018 - 7:35 AM by rockoyster
Sanshetty123
Sanshetty123
22 posts
May 19, 2018 - 8:59 AM

Hello Rockoyster,

Thank you for the info. Can you please send me the link to buy a ticket from Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch using the Swiss Travel Pass. Thanks.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3971 posts
expert
May 19, 2018 - 9:19 AM in reply to Sanshetty123
Lucas
Lucas
9206 posts
expert &
May 19, 2018 - 3:21 PM in reply to Sanshetty123

Hi Sanshetty123,

We have a link to the ticket price PDF from Jungfraujoch here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfraujoch/tic kets under more information.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 20, 2018 - 1:36 AM in reply to Sanshetty123

Hi Sanshetty,

>> Can you please send me the link to buy a ticket from Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch using the Swiss Travel Pass

Buying a ticket to the Jungfraujoch in advance is not a good idea, because you never know what the weather will be like until 24-48 hours beforehand. Even in August, there's a chance that the top of the Jungfraujoch will be enveloped in clouds on your chosen day, and all you will see is fog.

If you don't want to risk wasting a lot of money, I suggest you check the weather forecast on the day before your intended trip to the Jungfraujoch, before buying a ticket.

Jungfrau Region weather

www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/live/weather/#jungf raujoch

If it looks like the weather might not be clear, I would wait until the following morning and check the webcam before buying a ticket and going up.

Jungfrau Region webcams

www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/live/webcams/

Alpenrose

Sanshetty123
Sanshetty123
22 posts
May 21, 2018 - 4:42 AM

Hello Alpenrose666,

Thanks for the suggestion. So I should not be worrying about availability of the tickets on the day of travel? I just wanted to be sure that I have a reserved ticket to go to the top of Jungfraujoch.

Regards,

Sanshetty

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 21, 2018 - 5:22 AM in reply to Sanshetty123

>> Thanks for the suggestion. So I should not be worrying about availability of the tickets on the day of travel? I just wanted to be sure that I have a reserved ticket to go to the top of Jungfraujoch.

Tickets and reservations are two separate things. Tickets don't sell out.

• With a ticket, but no reservation, you travel in one of the carriages with unreserved seats, but might have to queue for a while before being able to board.
  • With a ticket plus a reservation you travel at your reserved time in a carriage specifically for passengers with reservations.

Reservations are only available for the final sector of the trip, from Kleine Scheidegg to the Jungfraujoch, and must be made for a return journey. This then commits you to a particular train both up and back. A return reservation will cost CHF 10, and is not for a particular seat, but just gives you access to the "reserved seats" carriage, so you will definitely have a seat. There are signs at Kleine Scheidegg to direct you to the appropriate carriages depending on whether or not you have a reservation.

If you want to make a reservation, you can do so on the Jungfrau site:

www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/bergbahn/reservation

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 21, 2018 - 5:23 AM by Removed user
Sanshetty123
Sanshetty123
22 posts
May 21, 2018 - 6:15 AM in reply to Removed user

Thank you so much for the help Alpenrose666

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018