Interlaken to Montreux by Golden Pass train?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 16:51:48 #815034

Is there a Golden Express train from interlaken to Montreux and back in first week of august 2018.

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 March 2018 at 20:15:49 #880295

You mean the Golden Pass Line (http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass)? Then yes there is. You can go one way via Zweisimmen and return by faster route if you want to reduce travel time. The Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) will give you the fastest route by default if you leave out via Zweisimmen.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 21:00:42 #880296

Hi tejinderbedi,

The Golden Pass is a train route not a train. So you can take any train from Interlaken to Montreux and you will travel on this route (but you must travel via Zweisimmen). From Zweisimmen to Montreux there are panoramic trains which you probably want to take. These are noted on the timetable as MOB Panoramic and Belle Epoque (Heritage Style).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 1:44:20 #880297

thanks Lucas

I wanted to know about a train from interlaken to montreux on the golden route which we do not have to change in between.

pls help

bedi

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 2:17:04 #880298

Hi Bedi,

>> I wanted to know about a train from interlaken to montreux on the golden route which we do not have to change in between.

There is no such thing!

The same train cannot at present run between Interlaken Ost and Montreux because the gauge of the railway track changes at Zweisimmen.

It is expected that new trains, with the capacity to run on both gauges, will be put into service from December 2020. Until then, everyone has to change trains at Zweisimmen.

Alpenrose

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 March 2018 at 2:21:06 #880299

Hello bedi

If you look at the link I provided in my earlier post you will find a description of the Golden Pass Line. It is a series of trains as Lucas explains. From Interlaken to Zweisimmen you may or may not have to change at Spiez. But you will definitely have to change at Zweissimen as the railway gauge changes.

There are no train services that will get you from Interlaken to Montreux without a change. Check the SBB Timetable for your preferred departure time.

(parallel 🇦🇺 typing Alpenrose 😇)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 3:23:56 #880300

>> parallel 🇦🇺 typing Alpenrose

LOL. I’ve taken to refreshing the page before I post now, in case you’ve slipped a post in ahead of me 😀

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 4:46:07 #880301

THANKS

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Montreux by Golden Pass train?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.