Interlaken to Montreux & chocolate factory 1 day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 7:21:37 #816320

Is it possible to take the Golden Pass Train early in the morning from Interlaken to Montreux and then to visit the Cheese and Chocolate factory and back Interlaken in one day? Is it too rush or would I have trouble getting back to Interlaken?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 14:26:42 #886805

Hi Simage,

It is definitely a long day. You’re looking at 5-6 hours round trip (Interlaken to Montreux) plus getting to Broc-Fabrique, the chocolate factory, and time spent there.

The Swiss railways timetable will give you all the train schedules – you’ll need to plan it out and decide for yourself if it is doable for you. https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable
    I think I would try it if I wanted to visit that chocolate factory. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 14:46:19 #886806

Thanks Lucas. Would lodging at Montreux be a better options as I have 2 nights stay at Interlaken which I was thinking of changing to Montreux so that I could be near to the chocolate and cheese factory?

I am coming in from Luzern and thus I believed I should take the Golden Pass Train.Am I correct? I have STP. Do I need to get a seat reservation on this train or can I just hop on the train from Lucern all the way to Montreux with STP?

After Montreax, I will head for Wengen. Should I take the Golden Pass train again to Interlaken then to Wengen? Any advice will be much appreciate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 20:10:51 #886807

Hi Simage,

Staying in Montreux would make it easier to visit the chocolate factory yes.

From Luzern to Montreux (or Montreux to Interlaken and on to Wengen) the most scenic option would be on the Golden Pass route: https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/getti ngthere

Reservations are not needed on the Golden Pass route but advisable in July and August for the last section (Zweisimmen to Montreux). https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/packa ges

From Montreux to Wengen I would take the Golden Pass route or just take regional trains on the that route without reserving the panoramic if you do that on the way to Montreux. Finally another option entirely is to take the route through Brig and Kandersteg which is also a nice option.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 23:51:48 #886808

You don’t need to go to Montreux at all if you just want to go to the Chocolate factory at Broc.

You can reach Broc from the Interlaken area either by going

a) on fast trains via Bern (Interlaken Ost – Bern; Bern – Bulle; Bulle – Broc Fabrique (journey 2 hours 28 mins))

b) on the MOB railway via Montbovon (journey 3 hours 20 mins)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 0:30:30 #886809

Hi Lucas

Thanks for the information and appreciate your kind advice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 0:31:19 #886810

Thanks 1960man for the information. Will keep that in mind.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 1:50:20 #886811

Hi Lucas

From Lucerne to Montreux for the Golden Pass Train, is it that I will sit in the train all the way to Montreux without having to worry that I have to alight at the last section 3 (Zweisimmen to Montreux) to board again?

Or we have to alight and board again and thus reservation might be needed? If I did not have a reservation and unable to get a seat on the last leg, can I just board a local train and still go on the same scenic route of Golden Pass? We are travelling with luggage and thus wanted to anticipate how we should manage this trip. We are travelling during Mid June 2018.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 2:10:22 #886812

Hi Lucas

I got it. The last section is the panoramic train which might need reservation. If I don’t get to take this train, I can still take the local train to Montreux travelling the same route as the Golden Pass Train. For the local train, what should I look out for to take the same route?

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 May 2018 at 6:37:48 #886813

Hi Simage,

There is only one route from Zweisimmen to Montreux. Any train to Montreux is fine, you can’t go wrong.

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Montreux & chocolate factory 1 day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.