Interlaken to Spiez by boat with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2018 at 14:20:40 #819147

Hello Team,

Is it possible to take boat which is going from Interlaken to Lake Thun and get down at Spiez ? I have less time so may not be able to take complete journey till Thun so want to cut down till Spiez. How much time does it take till Spiez?

If I am taking Swiss pass then do I need to pay for this journey?

Thanks,

Avinash

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 December 2018 at 15:19:13 #900195

Hi Avinash,

That is certainly possible. You’ll find a link to the timetable on http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakethun/gettingther e, under “More on other websites”.

In Spiez you’d walk to the train station in about 15 minutes to take the train back to Interlaken. The boats and trains are all free with the Swiss Travel Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Have fun!

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    10 December 2018 at 20:52:51 #900196

When I did that walk it was much more than 15 minutes! Uphill most of the way. There is a connecting bus but it only operates once per hour.

A better alternative may be to take the train to Spiez and walk down to the wharf. Or take the bus.

Lovely part of the world!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2018 at 0:23:03 #900197

1) Difficult to give any advice without knowing the date of your trip.

2) There is a good chance you won’t save any time just going to Spiez, for the following reasons:

• you have have to walk up a steep hill to Spiez station afterwards
    • if you want to return by boat you may well have to wait until the same boat you got off comes back from Thun…
    • Also, you see almost the same scenery from the Interlaken – Spiez train as it runs close to the lake.

yes Thunersee is included in STP

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 December 2018 at 6:51:26 #900198

Perhaps allocate 30 minutes for the walk and you’re always good 🙂 There are more options to get off the boat. Gunten, for example, at the opposite side of the lake. If you get off there it’s only a minute to walk to the bus stop to get back to Interlaken. If that works out with the schedules that could be quicker. You can check the timetable for details.

• The thread ‘Interlaken to Spiez by boat with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.