Interlaken – weather forecast raining all week

• WTandBeyond
    Participant
    31 posts
    23 July 2022 at 0:57:55 #827861

We are traveling to Switzerland, arriving on the 26th July. We’ll spend two nights in Lucerne then 4 nights in Interlaken, then on to Zermatt. I’m a little worried because the 10 day forecast for all 3 of those places has it raining every day. Does it often rain for a week plus straight in late July? And when it rains, is it typically a quick passing shower like some places we have traveled to, or an all day kind of rain (like where we live). We have planned lots of hiking, biking and other outdoor activities and non stop soaking rain would definitely put a damper on our vacation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    23 July 2022 at 7:40:54 #944702

Hi WTandBeyond,

I understand your concern. Indeed the weather forecast predicts a rainy week in Interlaken starting the 26th July. But I won’t be overly worried. This is usually scattered showers and it doesn’t normally rain the entire day. I hope you will get lots of clear skies in between.

It’s been scorching hot in the past week (35 degrees upwards), so a bit of rain is most welcomed at the moment 🙂

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 July 2022 at 9:56:46 #944703

Hi WTandBeyond,

On typical warm summer days, the predicted rain often occurs in the (late) afternoon, while the morning starts off sunny. Then clouds build up over the course of the morning and late afternoon. The current Interlaken forecast (meteo.search.ch/interlaken) shows sun every day (and indeed, rain on some days as well). That could be exactly the pattern I described, so I don’t think there’s reason to be concerned. Note that only the first 3 days of any Swiss forecast are reasonably reliable. Anything later than that is still subject to many possible changes.

This forecast explanation might be useful too: http://www.myswissalps.com/weather/forecast.

• The thread ‘Interlaken – weather forecast raining all week’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.