Reservations Interlaken West to Montreux in April?

• DD123
    Participant
    20 posts
    9 March 2017 at 11:33:10 #811015

Hi all,

I’ll be travelling from Interlaken West to Montreux on April 16 and wish to take the Golden Pass train (Goldenpass Panoramic + Mob Panoramic via Zweisimmen). I seem to recall finding those 2 trains a few days ago when boarding at 09:11/ 13:11, but now when i look for them on SBB’s website, the first train (Goldenpass Panoramic) is no where to be found and i see only the ‘regular’ RegioExpress 4073 in that time – do you have any idea why that is? Also, when looking at the Goldenpass’ online Seat-Reservation System, it doesn’t allow for reservations in April but only in May (but to my understating, the trains run in April as well nonetheless).

In addition, if I take the 13:11 train to Zweisimmen (stopping at Platform 6) I will only have 6 minutes to switch to the second train (departing from Platform 5) – my wife and I will be traveling with luggage, is that sufficient time (since the next panoramic train departs only at 17:05..)?

Thanks!

David

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    9 March 2017 at 15:36:25 #859818

Hi David!

The trains between Interlaken West and Zwesimmen are all regular regional trains. They happen to be part of the Golden Pass route, but they’re not marked as Golden Pass trains in the SBB timetable. It’s explained at myswissalps.com/golden pass under “The train”. So the 09:11 connection from Interlaken West is perfectly fine and allows for a smooth transition to the Golden Pass Panoramic train (indeed marked as “MOB PANORAMIC” in the timetabel) leaving from Zweisimmen at 10:25.

I’m not sure what happens at the seat reservation website. Did you use the link at the bottom of myswissalps.com/golden pass/tickets? I just tried there for April 16 and found quite some available seats for your journey in both 1st and 2nd class. Note that reservations are not obligatory, and since you’re traveling in low season I expect no problems when boarding without reservations.

Zweisimmen is a small railway station and 6 minutes is definitely enough for your change of trains.

DD123
    Participant
    20 posts
    9 March 2017 at 16:13:46 #859819

Got it! Thank you, Annika!

And yes, now the other site I was trying (tickets.goldenpass.ch) allows such reservations as well, perhaps it was just a glitch (though I may end up not reserving sits after all as you suggested).

I wonder, though, why the trans leaving Interlaken West to Montreux on 09:11 & 13:11 proceed directly to Zwesimmen while all others make another stop and require a change (I’m trying to minimize changes since we’re carrying luggage)…

Now only left to choose between Golden Pass Classic and Golden Pass Panoramic – both look amazing to ride on! 🙂

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 March 2017 at 18:29:33 #859820

Hi David,

Those direct trains are helpful for passengers who want to connect to the “official” Classic/Panoramic trains in Zweisimmen. This is what most tourists want; the other trains are the regular local trains.

Enjoy the ride!

DD123
    Participant
    20 posts
    9 March 2017 at 19:55:37 #859821

Makes sense, thanks!

• The thread ‘Reservations Interlaken West to Montreux in April?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.