InterRail Pass vs. Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
meesonia
meesonia
8 posts
Feb 2, 2018 - 10:37 AM

Hello

My name is Ian and we are a party of 4 heading to Switzerland on the 26th May. I've calculated with the helpful spreadsheet that it is more cost effective to buy a Full Swiss 8 Day Pass, cost circa £305 GBP. However I've recently read that an InterRail Pass can now be used in Switzerland to cover 100 % of most rail travel. The InterRail pass seems to be much cheaper £227 for the 8 day cover. I'd appreciate the Forums feedback on the merits on Swiss Pass v InterRail?

The research I've done seems to show the InterRail pass will do it. But it just seems too cheap. Thanks.

Ian

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Feb 2, 2018 - 11:04 AM in reply to meesonia

Hi Ian and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Interrail Pass for Switzerland could work well for you. It offers similar coverage as the Swiss Travel Pass . City to city trips train coverage is about the same.

Bus coverage and mountain trip coverage isn't as good though so be sure to compare that below:
Be sure to look through the PDF maps and the list of attraction discounts as well.

Last modified on Feb 2, 2018 - 11:04 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019