InterRail Pass vs. Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 10:37:25 #814223

Hello

My name is Ian and we are a party of 4 heading to Switzerland on the 26th May. I’ve calculated with the helpful spreadsheet that it is more cost effective to buy a Full Swiss 8 Day Pass, cost circa £305 GBP. However I’ve recently read that an InterRail Pass can now be used in Switzerland to cover 100 % of most rail travel. The InterRail pass seems to be much cheaper £227 for the 8 day cover. I’d appreciate the Forums feedback on the merits on Swiss Pass v InterRail?

The research I’ve done seems to show the InterRail pass will do it. But it just seems too cheap. Thanks.

Ian

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2018 at 11:04:28 #875509

Hi Ian and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Interrail Pass for Switzerland could work well for you. It offers similar coverage as the Swiss Travel Pass . City to city trips train coverage is about the same.

Bus coverage and mountain trip coverage isn’t as good though so be sure to compare that below:
    Be sure to look through the PDF maps and the list of attraction discounts as well.

• The thread ‘InterRail Pass vs. Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.