Eligibility for Swiss Travel Pass Youth?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Josm
Josm
1 post
Apr 29, 2018 - 1:44 PM

Hi All!

I will be traveling to Swiss this coming summer June 2018! While searching on the swiss pass purchase, I came across a Youth swiss pass (15% discount) which is for youth 26 under. I am 26 this year but I can't seems to find on the website if I am eligible to purchase Youth pass or not?

May I have some advice on this?

Your response is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks! - Jassy

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 30, 2018 - 2:50 AM in reply to Josm

Hi Jassy, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I believe what counts is what age you are on the first day on which the Swiss Travel Pass is valid, i.e. in your case, you must be aged 25 on that day.

However, to be sure, it is probably a good idea to get your information from an authoritative source, by submitting your question here, making sure to specify the dates for which the pass will be valid, and on what date you turn 26.

help.myswitzerland.com /hc/en-us/requests/new

Alpenrose

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 30, 2018 - 5:58 AM in reply to Josm

Hi Jassy, and welcome!

Alpenrose is right. The pass is valid for travelers aged under 26. You will have to purchase the Swiss Travel Pass or another rail pass depending on your plans.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018