Hotel with airco needed in Switzerland in Sep?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2019 at 16:55:48 #823216

My wife and I will be staying in Luzern for a few days in late September 2019 (September 19-23), and I was wondering, with the warmer temps this summer, if an air conditioned hotel is necessary? We are from a hot, dry climate, and are quite used to AC. Any advice on whether it is that time of year?

Thanks,

Joe

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 August 2019 at 8:30:35 #919265

Hi Joe,

In general, at the end of September: no, you don’t need air conditioning. Even with global warming, this summer was quite exceptional so far. June and July were the second warmest months since 1894 when measurements started. Only 2003 was warmer. Apart from that, late September is not as warm as July and August, and sunset will be earlier which helps too. Of course in the end it depends on what you’re comfortable with, the weather at that time (can be anything from chilly to warm), the location (and altitude), the building and the room.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2019 at 13:37:16 #919266

Thanks!

• The thread ‘Hotel with airco needed in Switzerland in Sep?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.