Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Hotel with airco needed in Switzerland in Sep?

Hotel with airco needed in Switzerland in Sep?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Oldhophead
Oldhophead
18 posts
Aug 3, 2019 - 4:55 PM

My wife and I will be staying in Luzern for a few days in late September 2019 (September 19-23), and I was wondering, with the warmer temps this summer, if an air conditioned hotel is necessary? We are from a hot, dry climate, and are quite used to AC. Any advice on whether it is that time of year?

Thanks,

Joe

Arno
Arno
14117 posts
expert &
Aug 4, 2019 - 8:30 AM

Hi Joe,

In general, at the end of September: no, you don't need air conditioning. Even with global warming, this summer was quite exceptional so far. June and July were the second warmest months since 1894 when measurements started. Only 2003 was warmer. Apart from that, late September is not as warm as July and August, and sunset will be earlier which helps too. Of course in the end it depends on what you're comfortable with, the weather at that time (can be anything from chilly to warm), the location (and altitude), the building and the room.

Last modified on Aug 4, 2019 - 8:36 AM by Arno
Oldhophead
Oldhophead
18 posts
Aug 4, 2019 - 1:37 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019