Are backpacks(camera) allowed in First Glider

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 22:43:38 #815969

hi, im planning to do the Grindelwald-first(all four activities) and at the same time im taking my medium size dslr camera back pack. my question is do they allow backpacks in First Glider? thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 7:59:09 #885196

Hi Ceylon,

I’m afraid that I don’t have the answer for you. It doesn’t sound very comfortable though and from pictures I googled it looks like you will be wearing a special jacket with no space between you and the frame of the construction.

If you don’t find the answer here, I would contact them directly: http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/fi rst-glider/.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 15:45:20 #885197

thank you for getting back to me. i’ve seen in the videos and pictures people walking around with back packs and stuff. im planning to take some good pictures in the area and i need to have my dslr. im worried i won’t be able to take my camera and backpack if im going to do the first glider. i will look it up. thanks again

macca
    Participant
    16 posts
    15 May 2018 at 18:02:25 #885198

Hi Ceylon – having watched my (much braver) kids do this last September I can confirm that you are strapped into a special harness for the Glider, four people at a time, lying on your front. I don’t know how much space, if any, that would leave even for a smaller back pack. If you are worried about leaving your back pack somewhere secure whilst you are on the ride then the “office” will look after it for you. This is a cabin where you get kitted out and is only accessible to staff and those taking the ride. It is up some steps and the back room is not accessible to the public so your backpack would be safe. If you want your camera with you to take photos/film during the ride then I am not sure what to advise – you need to hold onto the side bars so wouldn’t really be hands free. And you go backwards and then come down again at some speed (and height obviously) Perhaps the Glider team can give more info as Chantal recommends? It is amazing fun and if you are doing the other activities too – the trotti bikes and the Karts are really good. We adored the Karts. If you are on a budget – I don’t think you need to do both the zip wire AND the flyer. There are combo ticket deals but we wanted to wait til we got up to the top to see what queues (for the zip wire and Glider) were like before we decided what to choose. Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 21:42:13 #885199

thank you very much for the info and for the response. im thinking to have my go pro on a headband while i do the first glider and leave my backpack with the security staff. then i can have my backpack back while i do the other activities. thanks again

• The thread ‘Are backpacks(camera) allowed in First Glider’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.