Is Brienz baby-friendly with a pram?

• SS623
    Participant
    3 posts
    25 May 2022 at 11:13:50 #827300

Hello,

I booked tickets just 4 days ago & trying my best to do research quickly with a 6-month-old baby. I will be based in Zurich only from Thursday morning to Sunday morning & would love to see the quintessential turquoise water & greenery of Switzerland. Lauterbrunnen is a bit further & one I’ve read is quite baby-friendly with its paths but I just came across Brienz & it’s lake, a bit closer of a trek.

How is the area for having a pram? I have a baby carrier but our days can be longer when baby can lay/sleep so not having it isn’t practical. How much time should I spend here?

Is the town accessible quickly with a short walk from the train station? I saw on the SBB site a few Brienz stops so not sure if there is a specific one?

Would love to stop by Ballenberg- is the train best or a bus?

Any tips, advice, things to do would be appreciated as I’m so short on time!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2022 at 14:19:16 #942316

Hi SS623 and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

There will be some cobblestones, so I am not sure if it is still Ok for you. For the mountain trips we found that a baby carrier is more appropriate. If you have one, make sure to bring that one with you too – if you can.

There is a regular bus from the railway stations at Brienz to Ballenberg West or Ballenberg East, where you’ll find the Ballenberg Open Air Museum.

I’ve attached a screenshot of Brienz, you can see the main train station there.

If you are there, do not miss a boat trip on Lake Brienz: http://www.myswissalps.com/boatlakebrienz

Sorry, I do not understand how many days you have in Brienz.

Take care,

Ildiko

SS623
    Participant
    3 posts
    25 May 2022 at 15:25:42 #942317

Hi Ildiko,

I appreciate your response as it is very helpful with my planning. I was able to switch hotels at such last notice for tomorrow to be based in Lucerne instead. I’ll have 1 day in the Brienz area so if you have any other “must- see’s” or “dos” in the area, please let me know since our commute to the area will be shorter now:)

I plan to get to Brienz as early as I can. Perhaps Isetwald can be added in. Am I missing out on Grindelwald, Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen? Which do you think I absolutely must see with my limited time?

Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2022 at 6:25:09 #942318

Hi SS623,

Lucerne is wonderful, here you can look for activity tips: http://www.myswissalps.com/lakelucerne/activities.

Usually people are visiting Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch, Grindelwald (with First), Mürren, Wengen and Lauterbrunnen in the Jungfrau region. All of them are wonderful. For most of these you should use mountain transport and high altitude (over 2000-2500) is not always recommended for children under 2.

If you have time go to Interlaken and visit Harder Kulm for a great view. That is not that high, only 1300 m.

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Is Brienz baby-friendly with a pram?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.