Is Fluelen to Vitznau boat trip very scenic?

Is Fluelen to Vitznau boat trip very scenic?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
boshyd
boshyd
32 posts
Aug 11, 2018 - 1:23 AM

On my way from Fluelen to Lucerne in the boat, looks like one of the stops is Vitznau so wanted to squeeze in Rigi during same trip so I don't have to come back same route (Lucerne to Vitznau) in the boat. But this plan seems to be a non-starter as there are no luggage lockers in Vitznau. So my question is if I take the train instead, will I be missing out on lot of scenery between Fluelen and Vitznau?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3844 posts
expert
Aug 11, 2018 - 4:45 AM in reply to boshyd

The boat trip is special. If you go by train and bus to Vitznau what will you do with your luggage anyway?

You can also reach Rigi from Lucerne via Arth-Goldhau if you want to go by train. Arth-Goldhau would definately have left luggage facilities.

Lucas
Lucas
8164 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2018 - 8:26 AM in reply to boshyd

Hi boshyd,

If you have seen our Rigi page have a look here on the different options to get there: www.myswissalps.com/ri gi/gettingthere

boshyd
boshyd
32 posts
Aug 11, 2018 - 5:15 PM in reply to Lucas

Sorry, forgot to mention, if I were to go to Lucerne directly, I can check into hotel and leave luggage there. But coming back would be backtracking on same route which I was hoping to avoid. I guess I can go all the way to Lucerne and take train to Arth-Goldhau and skip boat to make it quicker.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018