Is Fluelen to Vitznau boat trip very scenic?

• boshyd
    Participant
    58 posts
    11 August 2018 at 1:23:46 #817810

On my way from Fluelen to Lucerne in the boat, looks like one of the stops is Vitznau so wanted to squeeze in Rigi during same trip so I don’t have to come back same route (Lucerne to Vitznau) in the boat. But this plan seems to be a non-starter as there are no luggage lockers in Vitznau. So my question is if I take the train instead, will I be missing out on lot of scenery between Fluelen and Vitznau?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 August 2018 at 4:45:49 #893925

The boat trip is special. If you go by train and bus to Vitznau what will you do with your luggage anyway?

You can also reach Rigi from Lucerne via Arth-Goldhau if you want to go by train. Arth-Goldhau would definately have left luggage facilities.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 August 2018 at 8:26:58 #893926

Hi boshyd,

If you have seen our Rigi page have a look here on the different options to get there: http://www.myswissalps.com/ri gi/gettingthere

boshyd
    Participant
    58 posts
    11 August 2018 at 17:15:27 #893927

Sorry, forgot to mention, if I were to go to Lucerne directly, I can check into hotel and leave luggage there. But coming back would be backtracking on same route which I was hoping to avoid. I guess I can go all the way to Lucerne and take train to Arth-Goldhau and skip boat to make it quicker.

• The thread ‘Is Fluelen to Vitznau boat trip very scenic?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.