Is it worth it to buy the Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2017 at 14:23:57 #812697

Hello,

We are flying into Zurich in September for a 7 day vacation, Sun-Sat flying back to US on Sunday. We are only taking backpack with us. Our itinerary involves, Zurich-Mt Titlis-Luzern-Interlaken-Jungfraujock-Grindelwald-Zermatt-Bern-Zurich.Accommodation has not been booked yet and we are pretty flexible. I’m unsure if we can take any of the panoramic train due to time constraint. With that said, is buying 8 days Swiss Travel Pass worth buying? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and keep on travelling.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 July 2017 at 17:22:15 #867203

Hi Yen1973,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Yes, I think the Swiss Travel Pass is worth it for you. You will travel quite a lot, and apart from that it is convenient to not need tickets for each trip and be flexible. In any case I recommend to first determine your itinerary, and then check the Swiss Travel Pass page and the How to choose a pass page to make a choice.

You can at least include the Golden Pass line. To include other scenic trains you would have to rework your itinerary, but keep in mind that many train trips in Switzerland are really nice, whether they’re part of an “official” scenic route or not.

Keep on traveling indeed!

• The thread ‘Is it worth it to buy the Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.