Is it worth it to buy the Swiss Travel Pass?

Is it worth it to buy the Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Yen1973
Yen1973
3 posts
Jul 22, 2017 - 2:23 PM

Hello,

We are flying into Zurich in September for a 7 day vacation, Sun-Sat flying back to US on Sunday. We are only taking backpack with us. Our itinerary involves, Zurich-Mt Titlis-Luzern-Interlaken-Jungfraujock-Grindelwald-Zermatt-Bern-Zurich.Accommodation has not been booked yet and we are pretty flexible. I'm unsure if we can take any of the panoramic train due to time constraint. With that said, is buying 8 days Swiss Travel Pass worth buying? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and keep on travelling.

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2017 - 5:22 PM

Hi Yen1973,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Yes, I think the Swiss Travel Pass is worth it for you. You will travel quite a lot, and apart from that it is convenient to not need tickets for each trip and be flexible. In any case I recommend to first determine your itinerary, and then check the Swiss Travel Pass page and the How to choose a pass page to make a choice.

You can at least include the Golden Pass line. To include other scenic trains you would have to rework your itinerary, but keep in mind that many train trips in Switzerland are really nice, whether they're part of an "official" scenic route or not.

Keep on traveling indeed!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018