Iitinerary in October for 14 days help

• vincenology
    Participant
    13 posts
    21 March 2017 at 9:47:42 #811146

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum =) Getting excited to travel to Swiss in coming October. I’m planning to visit Swiss early October for 12 days. I’m currently planning my itinerary which looks like below:

Day 1

Arriving in Geneva, stay a night there

Day 2

Explore Geneva and stay another night stay in Geneva

Day 3

Leave to Bern early morning. Explore Bern and stay a stay in Bern.

Day 4

Leave to Zurich early morning. Explore Zurich and stay in Zurich

Day 5

Explore Zurich, leave to Lucerne in the night time. Stay in Lucerne

Day 6

Explore Lucerne. Leave to Interlaken by golden pass in the afternoon. Stay at Interlaken.

Day 7

Explore Interlaken and stay in Interlaken.

Day 8

Leave to Grindelwald in the early morning. Explore Grindelwald. Leave to Jungfrau at night. Stay in Jungfrau.

Day 9

Spend entire day at Jungrfrau and leave to Interlaken in the night time. Stay in Interlaken.

Day 10

Leave from Interlaken to Montreux by golden pass in the early morning. Explore Montreux, and stay in Montreux.

Day 11

Leave to Zermatt early morning, explore Zermatt. Stay 1 night in Zermatt.

Day 12

Explore Zermatt and stay another night in Zermatt.

Day 12

Leave to St Moritz in the early morning by Glacier express. Explore St. Moritz. Stay in St Moritz.

Day 13

Leave to Lugano in the early morning by Bernina Express. Explore Lugano.

Day 14

Leave to Geneva, board on the plane and return to my country.

Basically that’s my drafted itinerary, I’m not sure whether the route above is doable or it is too rush? or the logistic is not appropriate / impossible. Need some advice here. Thank you so much in advance =)

Also I have a few question about my logistics from one point to another:

– how should I travel from Geneva to Bern? By train or bus?

– how should I travel from Bern to Zurich? By train or bus?

– how should I travel form Zurich to Lucerne? By train or bus?

– should I stay in St Moritz or Leave to Lugano and stay in Lugano instead? I’m not a skier. Just that I’m afraid I won’t be able to see any scenery if I take Bernina Express from Moritz to Lugano during night time.

– how should I travel from Lugano to Geneva? by train or by bus?

– is it worth to spend 4 nights in Interlaken, Grindewald and Jungfrau?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2017 at 14:35:48 #860296

Hi Vincenology and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your itinerary does indeed look very doable to me!

Be sure to read through our information on Swiss towns here, to see what you can do in the area (may help planning your days).

For all travel in Switzerland the train is the most practical and convenient (typically buses are only available where trains don’t travel). I would recommend you look at the Swiss Travel Pass (for 15 days) that you can order online and print at home. This way you don’t have to worry about buying tickets for every train, boat and bus etc. A few routes are not fully covered by the pass (tickets are at a discount though) be sure to read through the areas of validity here.

From St. Mortiz you can train to Pontresina and then board a train on the Bernina Express route (not necessarily the Bernina Express train depending on your schedule) to Tirano and then a bus to Lugano. You can check train schedules on the timetable here.

If you are looking for some great outdoor experiences and attractions on your trip than yes I think 4 nights in the Jungfrau region is a good decision.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2017 at 0:48:54 #860297

I would suggest combining the days 8,9,10 in one location and still explore the region. Stay in either Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, or Wengen.

• The thread ‘Iitinerary in October for 14 days help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.