October the right time for visiting Switzerland?

October the right time for visiting Switzerland?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sreraku
sreraku
34 posts
Jan 22, 2018 - 7:49 PM

Folks

Excellent site for visiting switzerland. I know its too early but was thinking oct 12th - 22nd with family. I am still sifting through the enormous data that is shared here. I am so happy that I am here. Thanks to everyone for contributing to this.

I am yet to finalize my itinerary. I want to add a chocoloate factory and cheese manufacturing for my kids to really experience how its made. Appreciate your help.

Thx

sreraku

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 23, 2018 - 11:15 AM in reply to sreraku

Hi Sreraku, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Please visit this page: www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit to decide whether October is the best month for you to visit Switzerland. Or see what other forum members say: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/switzerland-trip-in-mid-october and www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/ideal-10-day-itinerary-october.

In terms of visiting a chocolate factory and cheese manufacturing, have a look at these threads: www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/any-cheese-and-chocolate-factories-around-lucerne and www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/chocolate-factory-visit.

Feel free to share your itinerary with us any time. We're more than happy to have a look at it.

pvonk
pvonk
39 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 6:14 PM in reply to sreraku

You don't need to be concerned about the time of year. My son and I were in Switzerland in mid October last year, and we had no issues with weather or temperatures. And the trains were rarely packed. We were in Lausanne, Lauterbrunnen, Lucerne, Interlaken, and Zurich. Lake boat trips near Lucerne were great, mountains were pleasant (we were lucky to have sunny weather in the Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken-Grindelwald- Kleine Scheidegg area), and even Lucerne (and neighboring mountains) was sunny.

sreraku
sreraku
34 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 7:43 PM

Thanks chantal and pvonk. Have tons of reading to do :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018