Swiss Transfer Ticket & the Glacier Express?

Swiss Transfer Ticket & the Glacier Express?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jileee
jileee
1 post
Oct 25, 2017 - 8:23 AM

hi ,

I'm Planning 4 days trip for Switzerland , arrived at Zurich airport at January 2,2018 and we direct go to Zermatt using Swiss Transffer Ticket. The next day we plan go to St. Moritz from Zermatt ( Back to Zermatt at nite), my question is: should we buy another ticket as Glacier express to st moritz or Swiss Transfer Ticket already cover it all? and is that possibble for us to 1 day trip from Zermat to St. Moritz and back to Zermatt again?coz i already book my room for 4 day at Zermatt. thank you .

rockoyster
rockoyster
927 posts
top member
Oct 25, 2017 - 9:15 AM in reply to jileee

Hi jilee and Welcome to MySwissAlps Forum,

Have you read about Swiss Transfer Ticket here www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket ? It won't cover your trip from Zermatt to St Moritz. You can buy tickets/reservations for Glacier Express here: www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/tickets

But . . . . . taking Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz and getting back same day is going to be a challenge unless you are happy to arrive back at Zermatt just before midnight. Have you checked the Swiss Railway timetable? www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
Oct 27, 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hi Jileee,

I think you're better off with a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass. It covers your transfers from the airport to Zermatt and back, and also the Glacier Express (apart from the seat reservations) and the ride back to Zermatt.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017