Is the Tell-Pass Winter worth it for 2 day stay?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 November 2019 at 12:22:29 #824497

I will be in Switzerland for a short stop over in the middle of Dec. I will be arriving in Zurich at around 10am and planning of exploring the town as much as possible before spending the night there. The next morning is all about Luzern. I want to experience the boat ride in Lake Lucerne and also going up one of the nearby mountain (Titlis, Pilatus or Rigi). My bus leaving for Rome will be at 22.00 the same day. My questions :

1. Is the Tell-Pass Winter for Central Swiss is worth it for my plans? Or should I just go by regular tickets?

2. Which is the best Mountain I can go base on my plan? Can 2 mountains be covered in that short amount of time? Because if I get the Tell-Pass, all the mountains I mention will be free transportation.

3. Is there any entrance fee to any of the mountains if I get the Tell-Pass? I know all mode of transportation will be covered but I’m not sure about any entrance fee or other fee that I’m not aware of.

4. Lastly, what weather will it be likely during that time? I read about the forecast but I would very much appreciate it to know from the locals. I am from the South East Asia by the way. And I really need to prepare for winter.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• The thread ‘Is the Tell-Pass Winter worth it for 2 day stay?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.