Is this trip to Lucerne and Zermatt achievable?

Is this trip to Lucerne and Zermatt achievable?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Almarina
Almarina
5 posts
Apr 6, 2017 - 9:49 AM

We have plans of going to Switzerland this summer and of course, I only have 4 days to spare so I'd like to maximize the trip. Now here's the case:

Day1: Arrive Zurich early morning, proceed to Lucerne and spend overnight.

Day2: Leave early morning by rail to Montreux (scenic ride) and get there sometime noon or early afternoon. Proceed to Zermatt (I googled will take about 2 hours trip) and spend overnight in Zermatt.

Day3: Take train from Zermatt to Chur (scenic ride). Overnight at Chur.

Day4: Proceed to Logano then take Gotthard Express to Lucerne (scenic ride).

Note: We intend to take only the regular trains on those scenic routes.

My question is: IS THIS ACHIEVABLE? Any suggestions?

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
Apr 7, 2017 - 5:27 AM

Hi Almarina, welcome to MySwissAlps!

So much to see, so little time, indeed a problem I'm familiar with too:-) Your plan is certainly doable, except perhaps for day 4. It takes all day to take the Bernina Express route to Lugano so that's not an option. I think your best bet is to take the bus from Chur to Bellinzona, then pick up the Gotthard Panorama Express route there. All scenic trains are explained here.

Montreux to Zermatt takes a bit more than 2.5 hours. Please see this timetable for accurate traveling times.

All of this, except the bus reservation, is included in the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass.

Almarina
Almarina
5 posts
Apr 8, 2017 - 9:07 AM

Thank you, Arno. I will have finalize plans before acquiring these travel passes. They will surely come in handy. Thanks for the info...

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017