7 nights in Switzerland – is this itinerary fine?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 12:39:40 #814270

dear friends,

myself, wife & child (14yrs old) is planning for trip during 29/03/18 to 04/04/18

29/03/18

flight to Zurich land at 13.20pm, after keeping my luggage at locker at Zurich hB, will take a short trip to Rhine falls, take the luggage & return to our apartment booked at Luzern. Night stay

30/03/18

Trip to Jungfrau if weather permits via. interlaken & back to luzern

31/03/18

Trip to mount Titlis- Titlis rotair cable car. If possible evening sight seeing at Lucerne.

01/04/18

Trip to Mount Pilatus & Berne

02/04/18

Trip to Mount Rigi & go to Zurich Airport to catch a flight to Venice around Afternoon.

03/04/18

Venice to Rome overnight Flixbus travel. Rome sightseeing including Pisa

04/04/18

check out from Rome back to Zurich by flight to return back to India.

please suggest me regarding 1. Swiss travel pass – continuous/breakup? 2. Readymade foods can be brought from India (atleast for my child)? 3. Indian grocery store nearby Luzern? 4.can I add Geneva in my itinerary?

Thanks in advance.

Balaji

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 17:11:32 #875797

Hi Balaji, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

First of all I would like to make a suggestion for your itinerary. I wouldn’t visit Jungfraujoch and Bern from Lucerne. I would stay in a village close to Interlaken, like Wengen or Grindelwald. Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Rigi and Mt. Titlis can be visited from Lucerne.

1. I think you will have to do the math. Use our web page on how to choose the best rail pass to help you. You might want to look at point-to-point tickets for the first day and a 4 day consecutive Swiss Travel Pass for the rest of your stay.
    2. I’ve never experienced problems importing some own food items. If you want detailed information on what’s allowed and what not, you can best contact the Swiss Federal Customs Administration through the contact form or phone number listed here.
    3. In Luzern there’s a shop called Asiaway. When you google ‘indian grocery store luzern’ you will find more shops. Indian grocery shops are common in Swiss cities.
    4. No, I wouldn’t do that. Too far from where you are staying and it wouldn’t be the highlight of your trip anyway.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 17:35:52 #875798

Thanks Chantal, one if the best explanation. Definitely useful for me

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 17:40:36 #875799

Please tell me whether to book tickets to Jungfrau one day before or else can be purchased at Interlaken?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2018 at 18:25:45 #875800

I’m pleased to hear the information is useful.

It’s best to purchase your ticket one day before or on the day itself. With a Swiss Travel Pass, you only need tickets from Wengen to Jungfraujoch, and either back to Wengen or to Grindelwald. You’ll get a 25% discount. You can buy the tickets at any staffed rail station. For example in Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2018 at 11:25:20 #875801

hai,

can i combine Mt. Pilatus with Mt. Rigi? though i am not interested in any of ski activities.

Also jugfrau, what will be weather condition during April 1, 2018? it’s mentioned there could be minimal shower with thunder on the same day. Is it possible to make to Jungfrau or shall I see Lauterbrunnen & return?

lastly how will be experience in visiting rhine falls during illumination at night after 8pm?

thanks in advance

balaji

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2018 at 11:56:57 #875802

Hi balaji,

Yes, you can combine those two mountains in one day if you like – most people spend about 2 hours at the top. You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan the trips between mountains and see if it can work for you personally.

It is impossible to know the weather on Jungfrau this far away. The weather forecast changes daily. You should check the weather the day before or day of travel and decide to go at that point only.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2018 at 12:14:29 #875803

Thanks Lucas,

Can I buy two passes Regional tell pass winter 2 days ( 30/03 & 31/03). Swiss travel pass 3 days in a month to be used on 29/03, on the day of arrival at Zurich, for travel to Luzern. And remaining two days on 01/04 & 02/04/2018 with Swiss pass???????

Sorryfor confusing calculation but worthy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2018 at 14:56:49 #875804

You can buy the Tell Pass Winter for 2 days yes; and then buy a Swiss Travel PassFlex for the 29th, 1st and 2nd for sure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2018 at 15:24:08 #875805

Thanks a lot.

• The thread ‘7 nights in Switzerland – is this itinerary fine?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.