Isenfluh – Lauterbrunnen mountain drive

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2013 at 11:49:27 #806018

Gents

I have a swiss pass and I noticed that the PostBus from Lauterbrunnen to Isenfluh is not included in the validity map for swiss pass.

I checked the sbb.ch to find out how much it will cost me to have a round trip from Lauterbrunnen to Isenfluh and back to Lauterbrunnen and the schedule for this trip. I noticed that htere is no swiss pass reduction available – only half-fare travel card has reduced price.

My question does the swiss pass has any special fare for this trip or not.

thanks all.
    bashnaini

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 May 2013 at 1:34:10 #838766

Hello bashnaini,

The validity map does not show all bus services due to a lack of space, although most of them are included. In this case however, I’m not sure. It may not be included. The full fare for a single trip would be CHF 7.40. By the way, you can’t tell from the timetable whether or not the Swiss Pass covers a particular route; the Swiss Pass is never listed there, but almost all routes are covered or at least discounted.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2013 at 2:39:50 #838767

Thanks Arno for your help.
    However, how can I get a confirmed answer to my questions.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

regds.
    bashnaini

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 May 2013 at 3:10:31 #838768

Hi bashnaini,

I think it’s covered, as post buses are covered by the Swiss Pass, and this is a post bus. I’m just not 100% sure as I don’t see this bus explicitly listed anywhere. If you want to be sure you’d best get in touch with Postauto.ch directly. The schedule for the trip can be found in the timetable.

• The thread ‘Isenfluh – Lauterbrunnen mountain drive’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.