Itinerary for 3 days 4 nights, late May in Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 23:14:04 #811642

Hi,

We are 4 people with 1 kid planning for a 3 night 4 days switzerland trip from May 27 to May 30.

Experts, kindly validate my plan and suggest for any change.

Day 1-We will be arriving at Geneva Airport at Morning 10 30 AM. We will be travelling through Geneva from Montreux to Lucerne through Golden Pass route . We have booked the hotel in Luzern for 3 days.

Day2-Take the boat from Lucerne to Vitznau. Change to the cogwheel train to Rigi Kulm. Then take the cogwheel train down to Rigi Kaltbad and change to the cable car down to Weggis. Walk over to the boat to return to Lucerne.

Day 3-From Lucerne: take a train to Chur and board the Glacier Express there. Get off the train in Brig. Then take a train back to Lucerne.

Day4-The cable car to the Titlis from the town of Engelberg, starting from Lucerne. Travel to Zurich to catch the flight to London.

What pass should suit me the cheapest?

Thanks,

Raja

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 7:11:16 #862645

Hi Raja,

I think the Swiss Travel Pass would suit you the best. You can buy it for 3 or 4 days. If your child is under 16 you can get the free Swiss Family Card to fully cover him/her.

You can read about the prices and how to buy the pass online here.
    What routes and attractions are fully or partially covered can be found here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 5:03:47 #862646

>> Day 3-From Lucerne: take a train to Chur and board the Glacier Express there. Get off the train in Brig. Then take a train back to Lucerne.

That’s a trip of 9 to 9.5 hours – are you comfortable with that?

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 10:42:07 #862647

Dear Alpenrose,

Thanks for your valuable input. I have updated the plan. Do you see any challenge in the new plan.

Could you please help us to know the average time we would require in Day 2,3. Would you like to add any

new flavour to the trip if you see any scope?

Day 1-We will be arriving at Geneva Airport at Morning 10 30 AM. We will be travelling through Geneva from Montreux to Lucerne through Golden Pass route . We have booked the hotel in Luzern for 3 days.

Day2-Take the boat from Lucerne to Vitznau. Change to the cogwheel train to Rigi Kulm. Then take the cogwheel train down to Rigi Kaltbad and change to the cable car down to Weggis. Walk over to the boat to return to Lucerne.

Day 3-Mt Pilatus golden Trip

Day4-The cable car to the Titlis from the town of Engelberg, starting from Lucerne. Travel to Zurich to catch the flight to London.

Any re- alignment in plan as per your experience is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raja

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 May 2017 at 8:34:42 #862648

Hi Raja,

I think your plan looks fine now. The Golden Pass is a great way to travel to Lucerne. And I think it’s wise that you’ve dropped the Glacier Express plan and focus on the Lucerne area instead. It will save lots of traveling time. As for how long each trip will take: that depends on how many hours you plan to spend at the top. The trips on day 2, 3 and 4 all take half a day at least, and longer if you take your time up there. Please consult our attraction pages and the timetable at myswissalps.com/timeta ble.

As has been mentioned, a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass would be a perfect fit: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass.

• The thread ‘Itinerary for 3 days 4 nights, late May in Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.