Itinerary for Zurich/Lucerne/Lauterbrunnen in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2019 at 16:05:50 #821150

Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful forum.

I would like your input on my iternary below. Thank you in advance!

We are family of 4 with 2 kids, 12 and 15. We like outdoors. We don’t like Museums.

We plan to buy Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days for us two and I understand kids are free with family pass.

We are arriving in July in Zurich.

Friday: Arrive to Zurich in the morning. Go to hotel and go to Bahnhofstrasse in the afternoon.

Question 1: What else do you recommend in Zurich?

Saturday: Go to Lucern. Take boat/train to mount Rigi and hike back part of the way. Go back to Zurich to our hotel.

Question 2: What else do you recommend in Lucern?

Sunday: Check out from the Zurich hotel. Take train to Interlaken. Go to Lauterbrunnan. Murran, Schilthorn. Hike part of the way back from Schilthorn.

Spend night in Lauterbrunnan.

Monday: Go to Interlaken. Spend some time in Interlaken. Take afternoon Golden pass train towards Montreaux. Spend 1-2 hours somewhere on the way to Montreaux. Go to Montreaux. Take train to Zurich. Check in to Zurich hotel.

Question 3: We want to exit the train somewhere in the middle and spend 2-3 hours and catch next Golden pass train to Montreaux. Which town do you recommend to stop?

• The thread ‘Itinerary for Zurich/Lucerne/Lauterbrunnen in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.