Lucerne or Thun for 1 night or straight to Wengen?

Lucerne or Thun for 1 night or straight to Wengen?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mimzyr
Mimzyr
13 posts
Jun 22, 2018 - 12:42 PM

We are flying into Zurich and have plans to stay 1 night in Lucerne then heading up to Wengen for 4 nights. My questions is, should we just go straight to Wengen for the entire stay? Is Lake Brienz or Thun worth staying 1 night? Also not sure about going to Zermatt, if we took day trip, is it too long of a trip? Should we stay 1 night in Zermatt? We have 5 nights total in Switzerland before moving on to Germany and Austria.

Lucas
Lucas
8820 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2018 - 1:20 PM in reply to Mimzyr

Hi Mimzyr,

I'd be tempted to stay the entire time in Wengen and do day trips, rather than move around for just 1 night: myswissalps.com/wengen.

Use the timetable to plan out trips and see if the timing and duration work for you.
Wengen to Zermatt is 3 hours one-way...perhaps some are ok with it but others wouldn't do it as a day trip. If I wasn't coming back to Switzerland anytime soon I'd try it personally just to see the Matterhorn.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Last modified on Jun 22, 2018 - 5:50 PM by Annika
Mimzyr
Mimzyr
13 posts
Jun 22, 2018 - 1:25 PM in reply to Lucas

Ok Thank you so much for the info. I'm sure I will have more questions.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018