Lucerne or Thun for 1 night or straight to Wengen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 12:42:45 #816819

We are flying into Zurich and have plans to stay 1 night in Lucerne then heading up to Wengen for 4 nights. My questions is, should we just go straight to Wengen for the entire stay? Is Lake Brienz or Thun worth staying 1 night? Also not sure about going to Zermatt, if we took day trip, is it too long of a trip? Should we stay 1 night in Zermatt? We have 5 nights total in Switzerland before moving on to Germany and Austria.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 13:20:48 #889093

Hi Mimzyr,

I’d be tempted to stay the entire time in Wengen and do day trips, rather than move around for just 1 night: myswissalps.com/wengen.

Use the timetable to plan out trips and see if the timing and duration work for you.
    Wengen to Zermatt is 3 hours one-way…perhaps some are ok with it but others wouldn’t do it as a day trip. If I wasn’t coming back to Switzerland anytime soon I’d try it personally just to see the Matterhorn.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 13:25:10 #889094

Ok Thank you so much for the info. I’m sure I will have more questions.

• The thread ‘Lucerne or Thun for 1 night or straight to Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.