Where to go on day trip from Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
keizzzy
keizzzy
4 posts
Jan 12, 2018 - 5:14 AM

Hi! I'm going to visit Switzerland this June (15th above). I have limited time and my family wants to see a scenic view and touch the snow. Will visit Mt. Titlis the day before.

- Can one recommend an itinerary around Bernese Highland (Jungfrau Region) for a day trip from Lucerne?

- What kind of clothing should I wear during my visit?

Thank you! :)

Lucas
Lucas
9609 posts
expert &
Jan 12, 2018 - 6:41 AM in reply to keizzzy

Hi Keizzzy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Mt. Titlis will give you the scenic view and snow. Are you wanting more of the same in the Jungfrau Region as well? If so, Jungfraujoch is the most popular mountain attraction, as well as Schilthorn.

Both mountains would be between 3 & 4 hours one-way from Lucerne though so it makes for a long day.
You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out the trip and our Jungfrau Region page for more ideas on what to do.

If you go up really high (like the 3 mountains above) the weather could be around 0 degrees or maybe even as high as 10 degrees and very sunny (feels warmer). I would dress in layers so you can adjust accordingly. a t-shirt and /or long sleeve shirt, sweater and a wind proof jacket are good ideas. Regular shows are fine for the most part if you aren't planning on any hiking when at the top.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018