Where to go on day trip from Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2018 at 5:14:09 #814015

Hi! I’m going to visit Switzerland this June (15th above). I have limited time and my family wants to see a scenic view and touch the snow. Will visit Mt. Titlis the day before.

– Can one recommend an itinerary around Bernese Highland (Jungfrau Region) for a day trip from Lucerne?

– What kind of clothing should I wear during my visit?

Thank you! 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2018 at 6:41:38 #874176

Hi Keizzzy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Mt. Titlis will give you the scenic view and snow. Are you wanting more of the same in the Jungfrau Region as well? If so, Jungfraujoch is the most popular mountain attraction, as well as Schilthorn.

Both mountains would be between 3 & 4 hours one-way from Lucerne though so it makes for a long day.
    You can use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out the trip and our Jungfrau Region page for more ideas on what to do.

If you go up really high (like the 3 mountains above) the weather could be around 0 degrees or maybe even as high as 10 degrees and very sunny (feels warmer). I would dress in layers so you can adjust accordingly. a t-shirt and /or long sleeve shirt, sweater and a wind proof jacket are good ideas. Regular shows are fine for the most part if you aren’t planning on any hiking when at the top.

• The thread ‘Where to go on day trip from Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.