Swiss itinerary for September 3-9 2019

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2019 at 20:58:19 #822807

Hi All,

Just confirming an Itinerary i have been looking at for my husband and i for travel dates 3-9th September (trains are booked). We have purchased an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass:

• 3rd – Coming from Paris by train to Bern11.30 and spending a few hours looking around then arriving in Interlarken at 5.30 and catching the regional train to Lauterbrunnen where we are based here from the 3rd – 6th. Once checked in would it be an option to look around Lauterbrunnen/Interlarken for a few hours?
    • 4th – A day trip to Pilatus and do the ‘Golden Round Trip’. We are morning people so we would leave early. Do we need to prebook this/seat reservations? Which is the best way to get there and back? Would there be time to explore Grindlewarld/Harder Kulm/Interlarken for a few hours or do you suggest other local areas?
    • 5th – Schilthorn & Jungfraujoch. I was reading you can purchase the Good morning ticket (which would suit us fine). We would like to fit this all in for the day: (SCHILTHORN) explore Birg, Skyline walk & Thrill Walk. (JUNGFRAUJOCH) Sphinx Observatory & Lindt Swiss Chocolate Heaven (maybe a class?). I have read that there are certain ways to get to these Peaks (some better than others), what are your thoughts? Do we need to book these before we arrive as I would not like to miss out on this experience?
    • 6th – Leave early for Zermatt. Here we want to visit the Gornergrat and Matterhorn. Do we need to pre purchase tickets and what is your suggestions for which way we spend our day. I have read that its good to do the Gornergrat then the Matterhorn. Would love your thoughts? Do you have recommendations for accomodation we are only staying 1 night
    • 7th – Catching the Glacier Express to St Moritz (seat reservations booked) and staying the night here. Any suggestion for an activity here?
    • 8th – Catching the Bernina Express to Tirano and bus too Lugano. Staying the night here. Any suggestions for activity for here (Monte Bre?). Last night in Switzerland before heading to Italy.
    • My main concerns are what do i need to pre book so we don’t miss the activities listed above. We nearly missed the Glacier Express & Bernina Express because they were sold out on the day we wanted to go so had to reshuffle our itinerary. Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas on our itinerary.
    • Kristine & Mark – Australia 🙂
  • The thread ‘Swiss itinerary for September 3-9 2019’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.