4 days Switzerland Lucerne and Interlaken based

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2019 at 16:29:44 #823785

Dear Swissalps experts,

Many thanks for your advice to my earlier posts. I have come up with an tinerary for our Switzerland trip and would appreciate your comments if it is making sense.

Itinerary
    10/10 arrived at Lucerne from Salzburg in late afternoon – hotel check-in, dinner and a brief walk around Lucerne train station

11/10
    •Morning to mid afternoon – round trip visit to Mt Rigi by boat from Lucerne to Vitznau, and return to Lucerne via boat from Weggis
    •Late afternoon –
    visit Swiss Museum of Transport

12/10
    •Morning –
    Walk around Lucerne Old Town and visit a few key tourist spots such as Chapel Bridge, Bourbaki Panorama, Dying Lion, Maseggmauer, Jesuit Church etc
    •Afternoon –
    Proceed to Interlaken, keep luggage at Interlaken ost and visit Harder Kulm before checking in to hotel at Wilderswil

13/10
    •Morning –
    visit Schilthorn
    •Afternoon –
    Take a boat ride from Interlaken to Brienz lake

*14/10
    •Morning –
    visit Grindelwald First
    •Afternoon –
    Hotel checkout and proceed to Zurich International airport ( our flight is at 22.10 hrs)

* If time permits, visit Schynige as it is very near to our hotel

My questions:
    a. Is our plan too ambitious or too relaxing? Is it too mountain centric?
    b. You will note that I have not planned
    anything for the evenings. I am hoping that you can give me some suggestions (we are not into drinking though)
    c. what are the alternatives in lieu of bad weather which makes no sense to visit the mountains?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Best regards
    KK

• The thread ‘4 days Switzerland Lucerne and Interlaken based’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.