Itinerary 6 days Zurich/Wengen late August

• johney
    Participant
    1 post
    21 August 2022 at 6:43:35 #828142

Hello everyone,

First, I would like to thank everyone for sharing all the valuable information here. Most of my questions on Google search related to Switzerland were redirected to this forum!

We are finally visiting Switzerland at the end of this week. We are very excited. I would like to share our travel plan with you to get some feedback. There are too many beautiful spots, so we are getting confused about our travel. So, here is what we are planning:

About us: Mid-30s couple with a toddler (2 years old) boy.

• Day 1(26th): Landing around 10 AM in Zurich, plan to explore the town that afternoon/evening. Staying in Zurich for Day 1 -2
    • Day 2(27th): Thinking about taking this trip (http://www.viator.com/tours/Zurich/Mount-Titlis-Day-Tour-from-Zurich/d577-3885SW303BS) for that day to check Lucerne & Mt Titlis
    • Day 3(28th): Check-out from the Zurich hotel and check-in at hotel in Wengen. Staying in Wengen for day 3-5. Activities: spots around Lauterbrunnen/ Wengen/Interlaken
    • Day 4(29th): Check Jungfrau (if weather permits), Schilthorn, Grindelwald
    • Day 5(30th): Explore Lauterbrunnen/Interlaken/Lake Thun
    • Day 6(31st): Check-out from Wengen hotel, probably around noon. Check-in at hotel near Zurich airport. Explore the city
    • Day 7(1st): Fly back home

Planning to rent Travelers WiFi and will keep AT&T’s sim for call & text. Few questions I have in mind:

• We are very confused between using a train vs. a rental car. We are thinking about renting a car for the portion when we are not in Zurich. That means renting the car, going to Wengen (park in Lauterbrunnen) and driving back to Zurich on Day 6, drop off the car. Should we rent a car or just use the train? Since we are traveling with a toddler, so thinking having a car would give us more flexibility.
    • Are we spending way too much time in Lauterbrunnen/Wengen area? Is there any other area we should explore?
    • The weather forecast doesn’t look good :(. Most of the days it shows 40-60% rain precipitation & thunderstorm. So, what should be our plan B if we get too much rain?

We would love to hear from you. Thank you so much in advance.

• The thread ‘Itinerary 6 days Zurich/Wengen late August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.