Swiss trip for 8 days in May – Itinerary advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 15:00:09 #814280

Hi

we are planning our honeymoon trip to Switzerland in May 8 days trip and it can be extended to 10 days as we haven’t booked our flight tickets. we will be traveling from India.

we want to cover most of the places and we have decided on these places

1. Zurich (2 days)

2.Interlaken (2 days)

3. Montreux (1 day)

4. Zermatt (1 day)

5. Chur (1 day)

6. Lugano (1 day)

7. Lucerne (1 day)

Is it good to change our base or stay in a single and visit the other places around????

do mention some nice places to stay

please do help us with the ITINERARY and any modification is most welcomed

Thanks & regards

Leena

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2018 at 19:14:27 #875843

Hi Leena and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would try and reduce your bases so there is less moving around yes. I would, if you are most interested in the mountains and exploring the outdoors, cut out Zurich and Lugano. Change Interlaken to a town like Wengen or Grindelwald and add an extra day to Lucerne.

1. Lucerne (2n)
    2. Wengen, Grindelwald, Murren or Lauterbrunnen (2n)
    3. Montreux (1n)
    4. Zermatt (1-2n)
    5. Chur or Zurich (1n)

That is my thought for an itinerary. This could change a lot though once you tell us what it is you are interested in seeing and doing in Switzerland. 🙂 Here is a link for various activity options around Switzerland. Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out your trips as well.

Have a look through each of the links above to read more about what to do in each area and let us know if you have more questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2018 at 2:04:10 #875844

Hi

thank u

we r more interested to the mountains and the outdoors. We r planning to take the trail passes. So tat it would be comfortable fr the travel and could enjoy the scenic beauty too.

i m just worried a bit on the accommodation. Can u help me in tat??

Can u add few places so tat we can extend our trip to another 2 days or is 8 days sufficient.

wat would be the preferred bases to stay

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2018 at 9:36:38 #875845

Hi Leena,

by trail pass you mean rail passes? You can find our accommodation recommendations on the town links from my last post.

If you are focused on being in the mountains I would drop Montreux. If you want to stay 10 days I would not add new towns but stay longer your towns:

Lucerne (3n)
    Wengen, Grindelwald, Murren or Lauterbrunnen (3n)
    Zermatt (2n)
    Chur or Zurich (1n)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2018 at 12:02:08 #875846

Hai

sorry I meant the rail passes

okay thank u

wil get back to u if I have any queries

• The thread ‘Swiss trip for 8 days in May – Itinerary advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.