3 days Interlaken & Lake Brienz cruise advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 12:23:26 #816464

Hello! We’ll be arriving in Interlaken and will be staying in Switzerland for 3 days. Interlaken will be our base and here’s our itinerary

Day 1: Day trip to Lucerne and Berne

Day 2: Swiss open air museum, boat cruise of lake brienz, grindelwald

Day 3: Schiltorn (since it’s free and we want to utilize our swiss travel pass’ benefits)

I’m really open to any advice and suggestions with this itinerary. Also, does any one know where we can avail the boat cruise at lake Brienz? It’s free with the pass but we don’t really know how to get on the cruise, where the docking station is and what time do they operate. I’ve looked at their websites and sadly, it’s on different language and I can’t really understand it. I really hope someone can help me with this. Thanks you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 15:04:38 #887472

Hi kwonyuri608,

You can read up on the Lake Brienz boat cruise here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/boatlakebrienz and be sure to read about the route under the route tab.

The boat departs just outside Interlaken Ost station – the boat dock is ” Interlaken Ost See” and you can take it all the way to “Brienz See” and then back if you wish by train or boat.

You can search the timetable here for schedules: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable after hitting the search button on the SBB timetable (right side) on the new page click advanced search and de-select all types of transport except ship and hit search again.

There is a link for a printed timetable on the 1st link I gave you above (under More on other websites). It is in English as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 18:16:04 #887473

You might benefit by checking in at the info office in front of the train station and view the cam for Schilthorn before heading there if it is overly clouded like June 4. You could do the boat trip and hope for better weather the next day. Both are wonderful trips.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:01:57 #887474

Thank you lucas! I’ve seen the time tables already. Since we will be having a swiss travel pass, do we still need to reserve seats or we can just hop right in? Thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:21:42 #887475

You can’t reserve seats on any boat so no issue there. 🙂

Reservations aren’t available on 9 out of 10 trains either just as an FYI.

• The thread ‘3 days Interlaken & Lake Brienz cruise advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.