Switzerland itinerary for kids of 2,4,6 yrs

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 10:15:55 #815596

Hello

We are travelling to Geneva on the 10th of July with our kids aged 2,4,6 from Dubai. Below is my itinerary. Looking forward to recommendations or suggestions you may have.

Day 1: Arrive Geneva in the afternoon. Drive to Täsch. Stay over in Zermatt.

Day 2: Gonergrat trip in morning. Evening relax in Zermatt.

Day 3: Matterhorn glacier paradise.Tobaganning in village

Day 4: Drive to Grindelwald/lauterbrunnenin morning. Yet to finalize accomadation here.

Day 5: Grutschalp-Murren- Almendhubel funicular-Gimmelwald- Trümmelbach falls

Day6: Either First to Bahalpsese or Mannlichen-Klein walk. This is our first time hiking with kids.

Day 7: drive to ballenberg musueun

day 8: drive to Lucerne in morning. Check out old town , chapel bridge, lion monument, mirror maze

day9: Mount Pilatus.

day 10: transport musueum?!

day 11: fly out of Zürich in the afternoon.

Since we are flying in from Dubai , we do not really have. Winter wardrobe. Is it possible to rent snow jackets, boots etc for the kids and adults in Zermatt?

Which trail is easy with kids in tow. First to Bachalpsee or Mannlichen to Klein?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 15:42:56 #883547

Hi Gayathrimuru and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think both trails would be ok as well as a couple others with the kids, but have a read through our descriptions on them here:

You shouldn’t need any heavy duty snow/winter clothes in July even in the mountains. Just wear layers (a sweater and windbreaker or rain coat at least) and you should be just fine. Temperatures at higher elevations should be around 10 degrees and I doubt below 0 in July…probably. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 23:24:53 #883548

Hi Gayathrimuru,

>> We are travelling to Geneva on the 10th of July … Day 3: Matterhorn glacier paradise.Tobaganning in village

I’m not aware of any summer toboggan run in Zermatt village. Have you found information about one?

>> with our kids aged 2,4,6 … Day 5: Grutschalp-Murren- Almendhubel funicular-Gimmelwald- Trümmelbach falls

Children under 4 years of age can’t be taken to the Trümmelbach Falls unfortunately. Please see information on the following page by hovering your mouse over the symbol of a woman with a pram, which will bring up the following message:

Due to increased saftey risk, it is not permitted to take babies or children under 4 years of age to the Trümmelbach waterfalls. Please understand that parents may be asked about their child’s age and entry may be refused if necessary. This also applies to infants in pushchairs and slings.

truemmelbachfaelle.ch/ e/information_anreise. html

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 2:52:05 #883549

Hello Lucas

Thank you for getting back to me. I guess I will just get a light jacket for all of us just in case the weather does not cooperate. Also, could you tell me if there is anything that we could do for two days in Zermatt if the weather does not cooperate for the Gonergrat and MGP.

Alpenrose666: I was mistaken regarding the tobogganing . Thank you for bringing that up. I had misread it on the website. Is there any summertobaganning or slides ? I remember seeing pics . I am just not sure where it’s located in Switzerland. Also, thank you for the update regarding Trümmelbach falls. We will skip that then.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 7:46:23 #883550

Hi Gayathrimuru,

Even on wet days, the lower walks can be enjoyable. If it is seriously wet, the museum is well worth a look, and the graveyard where many young climbers and mountain guides are buried.

Don’t think that because the meteorologists forecast rain for a particular day that it will actually rain for 24 hours.

You can do summer toboggan at Mt. Pilatus.

• The thread ‘Switzerland itinerary for kids of 2,4,6 yrs’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.