Itinerary advice - 4 day Swiss Travel Pass + Paris

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sjchaos
Sjchaos
13 posts
Jun 8, 2018 - 7:33 PM

Hell0,

I am travelling with my active 68 yr old mother first time to Switzerland. 12th July afternoon arrival to Zurich & Return on 19th July with below itinerary & 4 day swiss pass incl. mountain excursions trips from 13th - 16th - pls advice on my queries

12th : Arrival & transfer to Lucerne + evening city sightseeing - what time public attractions get closed ?

13th : Titlis excursion - Being a weekday, can we expect less crowds ? Swiss pass start from today.

14th : Check out from Hotel in Lucerne & go to Interlaken - visit Trummelbach Falls - Pls suggest if we should opt for something else?

15th : Jungfrauch Excursion - when is the earliest time we should start to avoid crowding & still get a good clear views?

16th : Check out from Hotel in Interlaken & go to Zurich - Zurich Sightseeing - Swiss pass last day

17th : Zurich - Paris by train - Is this scenic route / underground train ?

18th : Day at Paris

19th : Paris - Zurich by flight + Zurich Sightseeing 2-3 hrs + flight at 10 pm - Can we check in our luggage in morning at airport and then go for sightseeing ?

Are we repeating train routes / places in our itinerary - please advice change

We would like to go to Interlaken first & cover Jungfrauch but we will have to use our swiss pass on 12th itself.

Many Thanks

Swati

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 9, 2018 - 7:35 AM in reply to Sjchaos

Hi Swati and welcome to MySwissAlps!

12th: You mean like museums? around 18:00 typically.

13th: No, it will be busy most days in the summer

14th: I'm not sure your interests here. You can go up to a mountain if you prefer. Something like Schilthorn (free with Swiss Travel Pass) or Brienzer Rothorn. Have a look at your options here:

15th: This really depends on the weather that day. You can check webcams in the morning. https://www.jungfrau.c h/en-gb/live/webcams/ Crowds tend to be smaller first thing in the morning.

Do note that the Jungfraujoch is not fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass - you do need to buy a ticket for part of the route (Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch at 25% off). https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

17th: It is not underground no. You'll travel via Basel most likely and then head into France

19th: You can try checking your luggage in the morning but most airlines don't accept luggage more than 3 hours before departure. If you are flying Swiss you may have better luck. Otherwise you can use a luggage locker or use the left luggage office for the day.

Sjchaos
Sjchaos
13 posts
Jun 9, 2018 - 9:38 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas for your prompt reply.

1. please share link for 14th - it didn't appear in previous post. What is last time for boat day cruise?

2. I get an option to buy combo for 4 day swiss pass 2nd class + titlis + jungfrauch from swiss tours website (my understanding is nothing extra to be paid) : bit.ly/2sUx6G9 - Am i wrong ?

3. please advice change in itinerary if we repeating train routes...zurich - interlaken - zurich

4. Any indication on luggage locker / luggage office charges at airport

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019